Awhile back I was given the Honest Scrap Award by mrs. e at Easy Street! Thank you, mrs. e! The rules are to post 10 completely honest things about yourself. The thing is I’m having a really hard time thinking of 10 things that I haven’t told you already, and 10 things that wouldn’t completely bore you out of your mind! So here they are. Just skip this part if it’s too boring.
- In 5th grade I had a crush on the cutest boy in my class. He was smart, blond, athletic and outgoing. He didn’t know I existed. He liked the cutest girl in our class and it wasn’t me. In high school I saw him get into a fight with another boy in the cafeteria. It brought me to tears.
- I like liver. As a special treat for me when I was a kid, my mom would occasionally buy chicken livers and cook them for me! She would just boil them with dried minced onion and I’d eat them!
- I brought a photo of our dog at the time, Bart, into the labor room with me when I was having our first child. The birthing teacher had told us to bring something to focus on, you know, to make it hurt less. It didn’t work. The epidural worked much better!
- In grade school and middle school there was a girl that was horrible to me. School administrators either didn’t or couldn’t do anything to stop it. She was gone in high school. I’m thinking she ended up in juvenile detention, or something like that. Then, many years later, my husband and I bought our first house. Her parents lived right next door to us. Her adult brother still lived at home. He and his father had weekly fist fights. We only lived there a year.
- I drink green tea iced tea and black tea hot tea, and almost nothing else. Both with only a little bit of sugar. I love me some tea!
- Ever since my mom died 14 years ago, I dream about her almost every night. When she first died, the dreams were bad nightmare dreams. Now they are good, or silly!
- I was in a car accident with my dad when I was pregnant with my daughter, one month before my mom died. My dad and I and my sweet baby were all fine.
- When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer I was eleven. She was seeing doctors a lot. I decided I wanted to be a doctor. That didn’t happen. And now I realize that my feelings back then were that if I were a doctor, bad things couldn’t happen. A kid’s way of thinking.
- My favorite pair of shoes is my children’s size 3 North Face Prophecy sneakers. I cannot believe that I used to wear heels every day when I worked in an office!
- The nicest dress I have ever owned is a maternity dress that I bought to wear to a wake. I don’t spend a lot of money on clothes, ever. Even my wedding dress was cheap! But, I was pregnant and had nothing acceptable to wear for the wake, and obviously, I had to get a dress quick. I’m sure I cringed when I paid for it. I still have it hanging in my closet, 12 years later. About once a year I still admire how nice it is!
I know everyone is very busy at this time of year, so I’m not going to pass this on to any specific bloggers. If you want to tell us some honest scrap about yourself, I would love to read it!
And…not as long ago, the creative blogging team of Kelly and Victoria at Design Ties gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award! Thank you, Kelly and Victoria! Luckily, the rules for this award are to tell seven things about myself that you might not know! Pick any seven things from my list of ten above and you’ve got them! Also, I need to pass the Kreativ Blogger award on to seven other bloggers! Here they are!
- Maya at Springtree Road – Dyeing yarn, spinning yarn, knitting, photography! Maya is an artist with all of it!
- Tracy at Pink Purl – I just met Tracy through Se’Lah and I’m so happy I did! I know she makes beautiful jewelry and beautiful cupcakes. I need to do some more exploring on her site!
- Lailani at The Green Grass Grows All Around – Lailani is an entrepreneur. I so admire her can do, positive attitude. And…she just posted a really beautiful shadow box that she made for her mother-in-law! I love hand made gifts!
- ELK at Red or Gray Art – ELK just finished a month of posting collages that she created daily on her art site. As with her photography, ELK’s art is something that makes me feel joyful!
- Leslye and Taylor at Spread Your Wings – A mom and daughter team of artists/photographers! Beautiful!
- Katie at Can’t Get There From Here – Katie brings us her creative writing every day. I love her style and I always look forward to reading her stories about her girls, Gracie and Bee, and about her running and her family, and her Love Thursday posts are always something to think about.
- Kimmie at Words on Paper Scraps – Kimmie combines her words and photography so beautifully!
Please don’t stress over passing this award on or posting your seven things. Only do it if you want to! Enjoy this season as I enjoy your blogs!