Dusty Miller

December 8th, 2009 · 14 Comments

Click the image to see it larger.B & W's 11-09 003 (Medium)

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.  It will never fail you. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

Don’t forget, Se’Lah’s *Gift of Jewels* giveaway is open until Jan. 6, 2010. Get on over there and enter for each day’s gift!

Tags: Photography

• 1 DesignTies // Dec 8, 2009 at 10:43 am

WOW!!! Did you take that picture?! It’s awesome!!!! I’m guessing it’s one of those white velvety-looking plants, but what it really looks like is the coolest snowflake ever!!!

That is an AMAZING shot.

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Easy as A-B-C: My home office makeover =-.

• 2 DesignTies // Dec 8, 2009 at 10:44 am

Duh, it’s right there in the title — Dusty Miller!! I should pay attention before I open my big mouth 😉

Kelly

• 3 Diane // Dec 8, 2009 at 11:07 am

oh you don’t really have Dusty Miller growing right now do you? Oh please, don’t answer, especially if it really is growing there! WE’ve have winter since the week before Halloween, lots of 20 below and beyond. In fact, night before last it was 32 below when I went to bed.
    Now, what a lovely photo of that Dusty Miller and you know how much I love black and white too!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Kelly Made Me Do It. =-.

• 4 Gayle // Dec 8, 2009 at 11:19 am

Hi Kelly!
    Yep, I took it. Thank you!

Hi Diane!
    I took the photo on Nov. 24th. Since then, the Dusty Miller bit the dust when we had snow last weekend, and now much colder temps.

• 5 Se'Lah // Dec 8, 2009 at 11:46 am

Fantastic shot Gayle. What an eye you have.

• 6 Katie in MA // Dec 8, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Oh, I love those leaves. They look like a giant, 3D snowflake.
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Officially Christmastime. =-.

• 7 Liz // Dec 8, 2009 at 4:12 pm

This is such a stunning picture. Just lovely. Thank you for all the support and prayers yesterday, it was such a blessing.
    Hugs,
    Liz
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..Martha’s Schedule vs. Liz’s Schedule =-.

• 8 spread your wings // Dec 8, 2009 at 9:46 pm

gorgeous. i love dusty miller but have never seen it looking so beautiful. this is like a big snowflake

• 9 mrs. e // Dec 8, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Very cool! A snowflake plant?!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Snow Day Again Tomorrow =-.

• 10 sunnymama // Dec 8, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Beautiful! :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

• 11 Tracy // Dec 9, 2009 at 6:36 am

Hi, Gayle… STUNNING photo today… and I’m loving this quote so much…it is so true, oh yes… Happy Day :o)

• 12 elk // Dec 9, 2009 at 3:21 pm

one of my very favorites …unique and looks so striking here…great image

• 13 maya | springtree road // Dec 9, 2009 at 9:38 pm

this is gorgeous, gayle! and one of my favorite plants too. :)
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..Spinning & spinning some more =-.

• 14 Monkey's Momma // Jan 10, 2010 at 1:14 am

Great shot!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Just Call Me Pinball =-.