Grateful Friday!

November 27th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Leaf 11-21-09 019 (Medium)

Our Thanksgiving was so good this year.  My favorite moments of Thanksgiving and the night before were the moments when I was doing something with my kids, or they were doing something to help me out.  I am so thankful for these children, for my husband, for this life I have, sometimes it brings me to tears.

I caught up on some of my blog reading today.  I still have more to go!  I know I’ve said this before, but I must say it again!  Reading about your lives and reading your words of wisdom and looking at your beautiful kids and enjoying your beautiful photos and trying out your yummy recipes enriches my life.  Your words of gratefulness over the past few days have been so powerful.  Thank you!

Do you read Mabel’s House?  It’s written by Liz.  Mabel is her cute dog.  If you haven’t read this post, Very Good, go over and read it.  It’s one of those posts that I read during the past week that moved me to tears.  It will make you feel very good.

I wish you all a very happy Friday and a lovely weekend!  And I wish you good luck (Puna!) if you are braving the Black Friday crowds!

Tags: Blogging · Family

• 1 Puna // Nov 27, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Thank you Gayle! I’m back alive and well. And tired:)
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..November 27, Black Friday Morning =-.

• 2 patty // Nov 28, 2009 at 9:32 am

I love this picture, gayle!! i, too, wonder at the richness blogging has brought to my life! and try to process how that can be! thank you for your lovely photos, and for sharing your sweet memories :) and your beautiful family with us! i’m off to read your suggested links, because i always enjoy them!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..for this, i give thanks =-.

• 3 elk // Nov 28, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Hi Gayle …this is a very special image…you are such a photographer! I have been away from my computer and have missed my blog friends, I hope your Thanksgiving was a blessing…many thanks for all your kind comments, they make me so happy!

• 4 Relyn // Nov 29, 2009 at 9:36 am

That’s one of the things I did this weekend – catch up on blog reading. I tell you, it’s more difficult to get around to everyone when you post each day. Take care.

• 5 Angela @ PeonyPatch // Nov 29, 2009 at 10:40 am

It sounds as though we all had a goal this week: catch up on blog reading! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I love all of your Autumn photos!!

~angela @ peonypatch

• 6 Se'Lah // Nov 29, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I did not get time to catch up on blog reading this weekend but, I hope to make up for it soon.

one love.

• 7 spread your wings // Nov 29, 2009 at 11:17 pm

i am so behind on my blog reading and i feel bad about it.
    so glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful. sounds like you made special memories.

i really love this photo.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..scooting / making room =-.

• 8 elizabeth // Nov 30, 2009 at 12:24 am

I’m glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..giving thanks =-.

• 9 Diane // Dec 2, 2009 at 12:55 pm

so pleased to hear your Thanksgiving was so nice. I love the photo of the leaf. Great perspective. I took a few like that last year and they’re still some of my favourites.

Here’s to more and more treasured memories.
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Dear Diane: I took one of your photos; that’s okay isn’t it? =-.

• 10 sunnymama // Dec 3, 2009 at 6:13 pm

What a lovely post! I have been trying to catch up on blog reading for months now after getting totally behind. There are just so many wonderful blogs to read and not enough time to do it.

• 11 chocolate and whine // Dec 4, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I just love that photo, Gayle. The colors are wonderful and the bokeh… just gorgeous!

I am ridiculously behind on my favorite blogs, too. Sigh.