Black and White

November 17th, 2009 · 14 Comments

B & W 11-9-09 017 (Medium)

Today I’m joining maya at springtree road for November in Black + White. Can I just say now that I am a fan of rust? And decay, too.  I think they make some of the most interesting subjects.

B & W 11-09 021 (Medium)

Are you a rust and decay admirer?!

Tags: Photography

• 1 Kim // Nov 17, 2009 at 8:49 am

Oh yes, I am a rust and decay admirer! Lovely images!

• 2 Christine // Nov 17, 2009 at 9:19 am

I admire the way the black and white tones don’t make it look like rust or decay, but just make me look harder at what I can see in the picture.
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Yes, Please! *Friday Night Lights* =-.

• 3 maya | springtree road // Nov 17, 2009 at 10:14 am

you know i am! lovely, lovely shots. :) what is that, a tractor???
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..This woman was full of good works =-.

• 4 lailani // Nov 17, 2009 at 11:04 am

I love looking at your rust and decay! I guess that means I like it too! I thought of you in New York when I spotted rusty things; and again at a Boy Scout outing last wekend with the rusty tractor implements all over the place.
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Caught The Hint =-.

• 5 DesignTies // Nov 17, 2009 at 11:08 am

I’m not really all that big on rust and decay in general — they usually mean that you have to replace something!! 😉

But in your photos, rust & decay look fantastic!! :-)

Kelly

• 6 spread your wings // Nov 17, 2009 at 11:15 am

yes i can definitely find beauty in rust and decay.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..slipped =-.

• 7 Katie in MA // Nov 17, 2009 at 5:16 pm

I *love* rust and sometimes decay (depends on what’s decomposing!). :) They make for such interesting photos, yes?
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..You have GOT to be kidding me! =-.

• 8 patty // Nov 17, 2009 at 6:22 pm

i yam i yam, especially in black and white!! :) beautiful shots! :) preparing a post on mammograms…. hmmm…. just sayin’!! :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..a crazy life, part 2 =-.

• 9 elk // Nov 17, 2009 at 6:37 pm

just call me rusty too…especially a wonder in b/w

• 10 vchelle // Nov 18, 2009 at 8:30 am

I’m feelin the rust!!! There is someting soothing an relaxing about it!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..I’ll be back… =-.

• 11 Monkey's Momma // Nov 18, 2009 at 10:54 am

You know I love rust and decay! My friend thought it was funny when she caught me taking pictures of fungi on her farm! BTW, My B & W’s are up too.
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Beautiful In Black & White =-.

• 12 Shannon // Nov 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Your are such a fabulous photographer.

• 13 Puna // Nov 18, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I love decay.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..November 18, Inverse =-.

• 14 sunnymama // Dec 3, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Oh yes, I’m a rust and decay admirer, and your black and white rusty pictures are great. :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Another anniversary =-.