Monday Memories: The Thirty-sixth!

November 8th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Nov-Dec 05 003 (Medium)

Thanksgiving 2005, in clay

I was looking through my photo archives and found this photo from 2005.  It is a clay Thanksgiving feast that my youngest son created four years ago!  I love it!  Can you see the carrots, peas, mashed rutabagas and potatoes?  How about the filled fruit bowl, the brown rolls, the stuffed green olives and the gravy in the gravy boat?  There’s also the turkey, mashed potatoes (I think?), green beans (another one I’m not sure of!?)  There are plates and napkins and forks and knives and cups and candles!  We saved all of these clay creations and I found them a few days ago.  They are looking a little worse for wear and need to be fixed up.  I asked my boy if he would fix them and he said, “Nah, you can do it.”  Sigh.  I guess even my youngest child is getting too old for things like this.  But, it’s a sweet memory.

If you would like to join me in walking down memory lane today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky!  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Thirty-seventh!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 christina // Nov 8, 2009 at 11:22 pm

this is so clever. oh, our babies are growing up.
    xo

• 2 patty // Nov 9, 2009 at 1:10 am

hello gayle! i’ve been so busy (just blogging about it now), but hope to have time to visit blogs and write my own every now and then! :)
    your son’s creation is amazing… i’m most impressed by the stuffed olives! and the fact that you have not only the photo, but the actual clay pieces themselves!? that’s great!
    sweet memory!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..a crazy life, part 1 =-.

• 3 mrs. e // Nov 9, 2009 at 6:53 am

What a lovely Thanksgiving feast!! :)
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Rebuilding- A Celebration in Progress =-.

• 4 spread your wings // Nov 9, 2009 at 7:56 pm

that’s quite a feast there. doesn’t look like anything was left out. love the silverware too
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..morning light / evening light =-.

• 5 lailani // Nov 10, 2009 at 5:02 pm

I love opening a post and seeing something that instantly makes me smile – your photo did! I was trying to pick out a b-day gift for a 4 year old nephew the other day, and came upon the play-dough section. Brought back good memories just like this post did!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Not a friend of math, or math not a friend of mine? =-.

• 6 Shannon // Nov 11, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Your son is amazing! But you already knew that. Talk about vision and imagination. I love it!!

• 7 elk // Nov 11, 2009 at 3:04 pm

what a very wonderful memory Gayle…play dough made many a “meal”

• 8 Puna // Nov 11, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Very nice Gayle. Playdough is timeless. I wish I had posted something this week! I will next week I promise.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Corner View ~ Chili Cookoff =-.

• 9 Se'Lah // Nov 11, 2009 at 4:37 pm

so neat. love it.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..a little hydro-therapy… =-.

• 10 Monkey's Momma // Nov 14, 2009 at 7:46 am

That is so cute!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..A Leg Wrist By Any Other Name =-.

• 11 sunnymama // Dec 3, 2009 at 6:31 pm

How cute!
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Another anniversary =-.