Monday Memories: The Thirty-fifth!

November 1st, 2009 · 9 Comments

Jack-o-lantern 10-31-09 (Medium)

Carved by my twelve year old son this year

Memories of Halloween’s past…

Homemade costume of Blue from Blue’s Clues for one of my boys, homemade fireman’s costume for my tiny daughter, making paper jack-o-lanterns with springy paper arms and legs, picking out little pumpkins – one for each kid, pirate costumes, monster costumes, vampire killer costume, Cleopatra costume, little pumpkin buckets for collecting candy, excitement at going out walking IN THE DARK!, hearing scary noises in the woods as we walk from house to house – was that a bat?!, arriving back at our house at the end of the long walk up and down our street and emptying the candy out to see what’s good and what’s not!

If you would like to join me in walking down memory lane today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky!  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Thirty-sixth!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 elk // Nov 2, 2009 at 9:43 am

LOVE the face …looks sweet, I miss the festivities around Halloween…we did not have any kids come by

• 2 Diane // Nov 2, 2009 at 12:56 pm

I adore the creativity your son used with this pumpkin — what a creative way to carve the pumpkin!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..The Difference a Few Days Make =-.

• 3 sunnymama // Nov 2, 2009 at 1:23 pm

That’s a cool pumpkin! I finally did a Monday Memories post (I’ve been meaning to take part for a long time). I’ve added my link and I’ll try to get back here later to catch up on your other posts. Hope you are well. :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Leaves in the bath =-.

• 4 Katie @ Can't Get There // Nov 2, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I *love* your son’s jack-o-lantern! It almost looks like an elephant dressed up in disguise, no? :) I am running around like crazy, trying to get ready for my trip to Philadelphia, but had to stop by!
    .-= Katie @ Can’t Get There´s last blog ..Hey, has anyone seen my post? =-.

• 5 Katie @ Can't Get There // Nov 2, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Okay, turns out I can’t ignore the temptation of Mr. Linky. So I posted to an old blog entry of mine about Halloween and the costumes my mom would make. :) Now I’m *really* off to write a post of my own. No more procrastinating!
    .-= Katie @ Can’t Get There´s last blog ..Hey, has anyone seen my post? =-.

• 6 DesignTies // Nov 3, 2009 at 10:17 am

Your son did a great job carving the pumpkin — love how he used the stem for the nose, very creative :-)

My most memorable Hallowe’en costume was my gypsy costume. I wore it every year that I could till I outgrew it.

I also remember the challenge of trying to fit Hallowe’en costumes over snowsuits!!

Kelly

• 7 Se'Lah // Nov 5, 2009 at 10:02 am

So unorthodox and wonderful.

Love it.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: slower pace… =-.

• 8 lailani // Nov 5, 2009 at 12:13 pm

kids in costumes . . . ahhh, a soothing memory that makes one smile. Love the pumpkin – sometimes I forget to think outside the box – great turn of the pumpkin!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Pumpkins Galore =-.

• 9 Stephanie @ chocolateandwhine.com // Nov 5, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Fantastic pumpkin!! I’ve never thought to carve around the stem. How creative!