Mrs. e at Easy Street is hosting a blog anniversary giveaway! I’m not sure, I might be too late to enter, but I wanted to do her assignment anyway! Our assignment: “Create a list of simple things that you love and take for granted; things that don’t cost much money. You are limited to 150 words, which is why listing allows you to include a few more things. Give your list an appropriate title.” Some of the following are my memories, some are my today, hopefully my future will be filled with many of them!
This Is Where My Heart Lives by Gayle
Their giggles, their sweet smiles, hugs, the smell of apple cake in the oven, lasagna, christmas trees, christmas lights, the smell of spring, a soft warm blanket, his guitar music, her drawings, his cooking, their stories, the smell of puppy breath, the way he snuggles with me in bed, his morning smile, his excitement when he hears the word frisbee, lilacs, avocados, hyacinths, the sun on my face, warm winds, the color of her hair in the sun, his curls, his love of family games, green tea iced tea, pine cones, levi jeans, warm slippers, tacos, swinging really high, freshly baked bread, their excitement on Christmas eve, hunting for Easter eggs, ham, broccoli rabe, his little black nose, playing Uno with my family, yarn, baking Christmas cookies with them, his silly jokes, sandboxes and swimming pools, wrapping them in a pool towel and hugging them tight, breathing them in.
Go over to Mrs. e’s and see everyone’s entries!
I know this isn’t my usual type of Monday Memories post but I would still love for you to share your memories! If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky. If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Thirty-fifth!