Sweet Grapes

October 2nd, 2009 · 9 Comments

Grapes 10-2-09 022 (Medium)

My blogging friend ELK complimented the photos I included in my 9/11/09 post and told me I should try more still life photography.  Once I calmed down from my giddy happiness about ELK’s compliment, I decided to take her advice!  I know.  I’m a little late.  That was almost a month ago! These grapes were my model today.  I left my camera on aperture priority, but I used the exposure compensation button to expose more for the grapes than for the background which was brighter.  I also tried out manual focus!  I think I did pretty well.  But, as usual, I completely forgot to check the ISO, and the camera automatically set it to 400.  I was using a tripod, so I should have checked that and set it to 100.  Grrr.  I almost always forget to check the ISO!  I think I’m almost at the point were I will be comfortable switching over the full manual.  Almost.

Here’s some grape bokeh!

Grapes 10-2-09 028 (Medium)

I wish you a wonderful, sweet weekend!  Happy Friday!!!

Tags: Photography

• 1 margie // Oct 2, 2009 at 2:47 pm

these are great, elk was right!!! fun to branch out…no pun intended.
    .-= margie´s last blog ..home stretch =-.

• 2 Stephanie // Oct 2, 2009 at 3:11 pm

I love it. The light on that first shot is gorgeous! And the focus looks great! Manual focus makes you a rock star in my book. I personally don’t have the patience for it, unless I’m shooting macro. Even then, it makes me face hurt.

• 3 Se'Lah // Oct 2, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Happy Friday. I agree with ELK. Your photos are getting more and more gorgeous every day.

• 4 mrs. e // Oct 3, 2009 at 9:13 am

Elk is my hero in the photography department–so I understand why it took you awhile to come down! That first photo is amazing. Love the light. I think Elk was on to something!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..October Cool Down =-.

• 5 Heidi@2Thinks to Share // Oct 3, 2009 at 10:55 am

You are a wonderful photographer. I am trying to get some good shots, but I can’t seem to hold my camera still enough. I think I have a bum camera, actually.

Great shot of the grapes close-up. Do more! Do more!
    .-= Heidi@2Thinks to Share´s last blog ..Thankful Thursday, though I just remembered it’s Friday and a Five Word meme =-.

• 6 Kimmie // Oct 3, 2009 at 11:36 am

wow! it all sounds so technical – but wow – it sure turned out cool :)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..white =-.

• 7 christina // Oct 3, 2009 at 7:11 pm

your photos are lovely! can i steal a grape now that your done photographing them? : )
    .-= christina´s last blog ..rain and sun and thank you =-.

• 8 Puna // Oct 3, 2009 at 8:17 pm

What a great job you did! Perhaps you have found a calling?
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..October 3, untitled =-.

• 9 elk // Oct 5, 2009 at 9:07 am

gayle these are so wonderful to gaze upon this morning…I like that there are grapes missing off the bunch so the stem is featured as well