Joyful Things

October 1st, 2009 · 12 Comments

Can I just say that I love Karen’s Love Thursday post this week?  Yes, I do!  Karen wrote about everyday joy and living a joyful life.  Isn’t that what we are all striving for?  Love it!  So here are some of my everyday joys from yesterday and this morning!

Shadows 10-1-09 002 (Medium)Morning Shadows that make the ordinary, extraordinary!

Chapstick – it’s essential to me.  I love that waxy feel on my lips!  Thank you to Stephanie for reminding me of chapstick today!

My first thing in the morning cup of tea.  Ahhhh. heaven.

Kissing each of my kids and breathing them in before they went off on their school buses this morning.

That smile my husband gives me as he comes down the hall in the morning, sleep still in his eyes.

The sound of the early morning birds.  I hear them hopping around in our forsythia bushes gently chirping.

The smell of snow in the early morning air.  It’s not that cold, why does it smell like snow?!

Meeting my 11th grade son’s teachers last night, being overwhelmed by all the work that he has to do this year, and being really joyful that it’s not me having to do all that work!

Shadows 10-1-09 009 (Medium)October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Christina is the lovely hostess of pink thoughts this month.

Happy Love Thursday!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things

• 1 Monkey's Momma // Oct 1, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I am seriously addicted to Chapstick!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Why Toby Keith Sucks (And Trace Adkins Doesn’t) =-.

• 2 lailani // Oct 1, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Great list . . . that part about the snow? I don’t remember what snow smells like, but I do remember the night sky taking on a certain glow or aura before a snowfall, and even in the warmer than snow southern winters, every now and then, the night will have that same glow.
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Orange Brownies =-.

• 3 elk // Oct 1, 2009 at 2:07 pm

a list of lovely joys today …shadows are a gift…11th grade not so much!

• 4 the Provident Woman // Oct 1, 2009 at 3:18 pm

I love the pictures!
    .-= the Provident Woman´s last blog ..Hot dogs Where They Don’t Belong =-.

• 5 Marie // Oct 1, 2009 at 3:24 pm

I agree, it was a great LT post by Karen today. I love yours, too. Its those simple little things that make you take a deep breath and go “Ahhhhhhhh….”, right?
    Happy LT!
    .-= Marie´s last blog ..Letter No. 3 =-.

• 6 Se'Lah // Oct 1, 2009 at 7:38 pm

lovely post. i really realise just how much i miss you each time i visit. your pics are great. the morning shadows melt me.

• 7 Stephanie // Oct 1, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I like your list. Especially the one about your husband. That’s so sweet. And chapstick… yeah, it’s a problem. But I love it!

• 8 Stephanie @ Geezees // Oct 1, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Great pictures!
    .-= Stephanie @ Geezees´s last blog ..Help us Help Kids fighting Cancer, for the month of October Geezees will donate 1 hat per sale. =-.

• 9 christina // Oct 1, 2009 at 9:28 pm

so beautiful. i adore your grateful heart.
    xo
    .-= christina´s last blog ..pink and hello october =-.

• 10 mrs. e // Oct 2, 2009 at 6:47 am

I like your list. (Snow?! I’m just waiting for the first frost!)
    You have a mention over on Easy Street today. Happy Weekend!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Honest Scrap =-.

• 11 Katie in MA // Oct 2, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Awww! I love that your husband makes you smile in the mornings! So sweet!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..The If Question about crawling around in the attic. =-.

• 12 Puna // Oct 3, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Happy Love Thursday to you Gayle. I still have yet to meet my boy’s teachers.