Monday Memories: The Thirtieth!

September 27th, 2009 · 12 Comments

My youngest boy.  He is turning twelve years old!  How did this happen so quickly?!  He’s my baby. He always will be.  I tell him when he’s a grown man he will still be my baby!

He made us a family of five.  He was my easiest, quickest delivery.  He was born three hours from the first contraction, in only three pushes!  No epidural!  He was born in the evening and my husband and I hadn’t yet had dinner.  Right after my boy was born, my husband went and got us turkey melt sandwiches from Friendly’s!  I will always think of those turkey melts as one of the most delicious meals I ever had!  All was right in my world that evening, how could the meal not be delicious?!  Of course at that moment we couldn’t know that this sweet new baby boy would be nocturnal for his first month or so!  Oh, yeah.  I always had him right there with me and my other two children with all of the action of the day going on.  He slept right through it!  At night, when all was quiet, that’s when he thought all of the action should begin!  He got over that, although he still likes to stay up late!

Happy Birthday, my sweet boy!  I wish you love, laughter, family, friends, knowledge and fun this year!  I love you so much!

Outside 7 12-13 09 064 b&w (Medium)

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Thirty-first!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 DesignTies // Sep 27, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Happy Birthday to Gayle’s youngest boy :-) You should celebrate with turkey melt sandwiches :-)

Yep, Cheapohubby knows his name. And he’s proud of it!! 😉

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..I want this chandelier =-.

• 2 ELK // Sep 28, 2009 at 8:45 am

happy birthday …mom too…those are happy memories..LOVE the photo

i went with black and white too…memories today of so much life at this table

• 3 Kimmie // Sep 28, 2009 at 9:58 am

my oldest is the same age as your youngest!
    she had a special weekend with her grandma learning how to sew ….. a memory in the making :)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..lessons =-.

• 4 vchelle // Sep 28, 2009 at 11:55 am

Happy Birthday to your baby boy! I remember after Ms. J was born, I was so glad to be able to eat anything that I wanted to eat without the hestitation of waiting to see if I would be sick!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: Cycles of life =-.

• 5 Katie in MA // Sep 28, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Happy Birthday to your son! What great memories of that special day… and Friendly’s! Wow, I miss them. I always loved getting their Orange Sherbert frappes when I was sick. And did you know that they don’t have black raspberry ice cream down here in TX?! Whenever I go home, I always run to Friendly’s to get one…or two… :)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..10 questions to ask your mother. =-.

• 6 joyce // Sep 28, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Its my boys’ birthday today too…both of them. 15 & 17.
    Mrs. E invited me to stop by & check your site…I like it, do you do this every monday?
    Happy birthday to your boy!
    .-= joyce´s last blog ..September 28…Will always be special. =-.

• 7 Stephanie // Sep 28, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Gayle… I’m dying to know. How tall are the kids??? 😉

Happy birthday to your son!!
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..It might be the death of him. =-.

• 8 Puna // Sep 28, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Happy happy birthday to your boy!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..September 28, Blue Rectory =-.

• 9 Frank : LifeSignatures // Sep 28, 2009 at 8:56 pm

[…] on Gayle’s Monday Memories. I want to be just like him when I’m […]

• 10 christina // Sep 28, 2009 at 9:18 pm

what a lovely memory! after my c section i wasn’t allowed to eat, but i remember wanting a grape soda my aunt brought me. : ) my baby is 14 already, yes where did the years go. happy birthday to your baby! i send him love, health and happiness.
    xo
    .-= christina´s last blog ..rain and "in your own sweet way" =-.

• 11 Relyn // Sep 28, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Awww.. Happy birthday to your sweet boy.

• 12 Monkey's Momma // Oct 1, 2009 at 8:30 am

When Monkey was an infant, a friend of mine got me a bib that said, “Party at my crib. 2 AM!”. Boy, was that true!

I was looking at his sweet face the other day and got misty eyed because he know longer looks like a baby or a little boy. He will be seven in February. It made me almost want another baby….NOT!

Happy Birthday to your youngest!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..I’m Not Trying To Win A Blue Ribbon =-.