Happy Friday!

September 18th, 2009 · 9 Comments

I’m trying to capture shadows.  It reminds me of when my kids were younger and we would be outside waiting for the school bus.  The early morning sun cast our shadows on our driveway.  We would run and jump and try to land on each other’s shadows.  We’d be saying, “Get off my head, get off my legs!”  It was a fun way to start the day.

Shadows 9-09 012 (Medium)

Shadows 9-09 014 (Medium)

I hope there is some running and jumping, and some beautiful shadows and light, in your weekend!

Oh, and please ignore the dust on my plants.  Somehow I can always find something better to do than dust my plants!

Happy Friday!

Tags: Photography

• 1 elk // Sep 18, 2009 at 3:24 pm

first of the dust does not show up in these very artistic shots …the long slender parts of the plants create just stunning shadows.yes.happy.friday.

• 2 spread your wings // Sep 18, 2009 at 4:49 pm

what! i don’t see any dust but i DO see pretty shadows. glad it’s Friday. have a wonderful weekend.

• 3 Se'Lah // Sep 18, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I don’t see any dust…just beautiful shadows.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..who i see (sooc)… =-.

• 4 Puna // Sep 18, 2009 at 8:26 pm

My goodness Gayle. I’d be worried if your plants were dust free. Happy weekend to you too!

• 5 RayeofSunshine // Sep 18, 2009 at 8:46 pm

What a fun memory! :)
    .-= RayeofSunshine´s last blog ..Tasty Thursday – The Third! =-.

• 6 DesignTies // Sep 18, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Cool shadow shots :-)

My favourite shadows are the ones that make my body look long and thin :-)

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..The Tall Ships of Lunenburg, Part 1 – Bluenose =-.

• 7 Sloane // Sep 18, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I love your shadow game. I can just picture it now. I can’t wait till high noon tomorrow so I can teach Sloane. Imagine us laughing like loons and playing your game.

• 8 anna b-bonkers // Sep 19, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Me too, I am not good at dusting plants!

I love the warm glowy feel to these shots, so perfect and cozy!

Thanks for reminding me of those fun times of shadow chasing, I am off to drag the kids outside and do just that!
    .-= anna b-bonkers´s last blog ..Summer memories =-.

• 9 mrs. e // Sep 19, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Love the light…and the shadows. Hope your school week has gone well. I’ve been thinking about you!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Favorite Moments of the Week =-.