Timmy Has No Butterflies

September 16th, 2009 · 9 Comments

Timmy 9-09 001 (Medium)

Thank you all so much for your support, advice and friendship on yesterday’s post!  I appreciate your kind and helpful words so much!  The butterflies were out in force this morning for my youngest son.  I drove he and my daughter to school.  Getting my son into school involved visiting the counseling center, which was followed by visiting the nurse, which was followed a little later by him calling me from the nurse’s office and asking if he went back to the nurse later, would I get him from school.  I had to tell him no and I gave him all my supportive words of wisdom.  He sounded okay when we hung up and I haven’t heard from anyone at school for about 3 hours now.  I’m hoping that means everything is sunshine and happiness there!

I’m going to spend some time on my computer thinking good, positive thoughts!  I’m listening to quite an assortment of songs!   The Bangles.  Do you remember them?  Walk Like An Egyptian, If She Knew What She Wants, Eternal Flame.  Led Zeppelin – Kashmir.  Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama.  Looking at the youtube videos to add those links sure cheered me up.  Oh my gosh, the hair on all of those people is hilarious!  What are your favorite songs from your old days?

Here’s another of the stress-less Timmy!  He has relaxation down perfectly!

Timmy 9-09 043 (Medium)

Tags: Family · Pets

• 1 elk // Sep 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm

oh we should take a page from Timmie…the perfect relaxer!

• 2 Katie in MA // Sep 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Timmy looks like a chamaeleon there – becoming one with the rug and the hardwood! Gives me the warm and fuzzies. :) As for happiness of the musical variety, listening to Bon Jovi or Cyndi Lauper or the vintage Bruce Springsteen always makes me feel better. Hammertime by MC Hammer makes me laugh out loud. I mean – what was I (I mean HE) thinking?!

Hope things are going well for you! Try having a “Dance it Out!” party when the kiddos get home to make them smile and destress, too!

• 3 Heidi@2Thinks to Share // Sep 16, 2009 at 4:29 pm

I had kids who got plenty of butterflies. In the end, we homeschooled, but not really for the sake of getting rid of the butterflies. Don’t know if I would ever actually recommend homeschooling for anyone who wasn’t already pretty convinced they wanted to try it. It takes a long time. I’m almost done!

I think your kids will get used to the schedule and do well. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for this.
    .-= Heidi@2Thinks to Share´s last blog ..Bonsai Tree that I Love =-.

• 4 Shannon // Sep 16, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I love Timmy! Hope you little troopers are doing better at school. I often wish I could hold their hand through these rough spots but part of growing up is learning to stand on your own two feet. That goes for mom too. I’m thinking about you and your family today. This is a tough time.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Almost There =-.

• 5 mrs. e // Sep 16, 2009 at 9:43 pm

I’m hoping you had sunshine and happiness, too!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..True Confessions =-.

• 6 spread your wings // Sep 16, 2009 at 9:47 pm

yes Timmy sure knows how to relax. we should all take note right.
    i hope the rest of your day turned out all happiness.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..uptight / excite =-.

• 7 Puna // Sep 17, 2009 at 6:06 am

That’s because he doesn’t have to go to school! Ahhh, it’s a dog’s life!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..September 17, play =-.

• 8 sunnymama // Sep 17, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Timmy looks so chilled out! :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Up Close =-.

• 9 Stephanie // Sep 17, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Timmy is so cute!

I don’t know what inspires me to listen to certain music. Sometimes it’s Johnny Cash… other times it’s Garth Brooks… and then there’s an assortment of rap thrown in. I’ve been kinda bored with music lately, though. But that might just be my funk.