Monday Memories: The Twenty-eighth!

September 13th, 2009 · 17 Comments

My favorite shows from the old days!

• Lost in Space – I think this is my #1 all-time favorite show.  I wanted to be Penny. My 1st grade friend, Jeanie, also wanted to be Penny.  It was always a problem at recess because Jeanie always got her way. I was an unhappy girl most days at recess.
  • The Brady Bunch – I wanted to be…yep…Marsha.  I loved her long straight hair and I wanted to get braces when she got them. I thought Jan and Cindy were dorks.  I got the Brady Christmas album and played that thing over and over.
  • Gillian’s Island – I wanted to be Mary Ann. I thought being ship wreaked on an uncharted desert isle was about the coolest thing ever!  I loved the theme song.
  • The Addams Family – Even as a child I noticed and loved how much Gomez loved Morticia.
  • Mr. Ed – A talking horse!  What’s not to love!
  • Get Smart – CONTROL, KAOS, Shoe phone!
  • The Ghost and Mrs. Muir – I think this was the beginning of my love of supernatural tv shows!  Oh, and I thought the ghost was handsome.
  • That Girl – I don’t remember much about this show, except that I liked it.  Soon after I met my husband he said he thought I looked like That Girl.  I never saw the resemblance other than I have brown hair and so did Marlo Thomas.
  • Green Acres – It had Arnold Ziffel.  He was a pig but he was treated as a human!  Also, I had Green Acres paper dolls that I loved!
  • I Dream of Jeannie – I wanted to be magic. I wanted to be able to disappear into that bottle sometimes.

Now it’s your turn!  What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Twenty-ninth!

Tags: All About Me · Monday Memories

• 1 mrs. e // Sep 14, 2009 at 6:33 am

I loved Petticoat Junction, too…and some show about 3 kids trying to make it out west after their parents died. (I can’t for the life of me remember the name of it!)
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Remembering 9/11 =-.

• 2 RayeofSunshine // Sep 14, 2009 at 8:24 am

I remember watching a few of these shows on Nick at Nite, like Mr. Ed, Green Acres, and I Dream of Jeannie. :)
    .-= RayeofSunshine´s last blog ..Monday Memories – The Second! =-.

• 3 vchelle // Sep 14, 2009 at 8:51 am

LOL! I smiled as I thought about all of those shows you mentioned. So, I’m gonna piggy back off of your list…

The Brady Bunch – loved Alice (or was it Allison?) and I admired that stair case that came down into the living room… I dramed of having one like that..LOL!

Green Acres – tried hard not to watch it but got addicted….It sooo irritated me that Mr. (what’s his name) could not get that darn house finished… It drove me crazy!!!

That Girl- I remember loving how the show came on and her throwing her hat in the air.. For some reason, I thought that was the best part of the show.. I thought she was beautiful!

And he couldn’t like Dream of Jeannie…LOL! Her outfit was so kool!

Starsky and Hutch – you either liked Starsky or Hutch and none of the girls ever like both even though the show was incredible! I loved me some Starsky..LOL!

Happy Days – That whole ensemble was just a joy to watch. My sister and brother would hover around the floor model colored tv waiting for each episode!!! And then when “Pinky” came into the scene, OMG, the rooting began for her an The Fonz to get together!!! LOL!!

Those were the days to watch television! From the beautiful thick and long fake eye lashers to the cool terminology – winter days in PA were worth it as long as those weekly shows came on!

Thank you so much for taking me down a pleasant memory lane!!!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: Conversation with Innocence =-.

• 4 vchelle // Sep 14, 2009 at 8:53 am

P.S. I didn’t realize I wrote so much..sorry!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: Conversation with Innocence =-.

• 5 Angela // Sep 14, 2009 at 10:00 am

Little House on the Prairie
    Alvin and the Chipmunks (cartoon)
    Ducktales (cartoon)
    The Price is Right :-)

…now that was a walk down memory lane!

~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..Remember =-.

• 6 spread your wings // Sep 14, 2009 at 10:20 am

just mentioning those shows brings back so many memories. i watched all of those. and The Beverly Hillbillies and Bewitched.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..vacant / unattended =-.

• 7 Monkey's Momma // Sep 14, 2009 at 10:34 am

How fun! It’s funny because I have been s.l.o.w.l.y writing a post on television shows of the 70’s and 80’s!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Labor Day Parade =-.

• 8 Gayle // Sep 14, 2009 at 10:59 am

Hi mrs. e. – Yes! Petticoat Junction was another favorite of mine! The show with the 3 kids doesn’t sound familiar to me. I wonder what it was.

Hi RayeofSunshine – I wonder if any of that old stuff runs anywhere now!

Hi vchelle – I liked Happy Days and Starsky and Hutch, too! I was a Starsky fan like you!

Hi angela – The Price is Right! I forgot about game shows! My mom and I used to watch Let’s Make a Deal!

Hi Leslye – I watched The Beverly Hillbillies and Bewitched, too! I love these memories!

Hi Monkey’s Momma – How funny! Can’t wait to read it!

• 9 A Hooked on Memory Mosaic : LifeSignatures // Sep 14, 2009 at 11:18 am

[…] combining a few posts for people that I like to visit in the blogesphere all into one, the gifted Gayle for her Monday Memories, the wonderful Mary at Mosaic Monday, and the fabulous Julia at Hooked on […]

• 10 Puna // Sep 14, 2009 at 11:21 am

The Adams Family and the Brady Bunch were two of my favorites! I spent a lot of my youth outside of the US but I do remember most of those. I’m going to add the Lawrence Welk Show, we watched in every Sunday night after the dishes were done.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..A Hooked on Memory Mosaic =-.

• 11 Katie in MA // Sep 14, 2009 at 11:33 am

I did it, I did it! I remembered to write a post last night about memories and looking back. Granted, they’re my mom’s memories (or, rather, my memories of my mom’s story), but still! It counts. Right?? :)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..A trip down memory lane. =-.

• 12 Gayle // Sep 14, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Hi Puna – My grandmother loved the Lawrence Welk Show! She watched it every week!

Hi Katie – Still counts!

• 13 lailani // Sep 14, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I don’t believe I have ever seen The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Man, I read your list and the other comments and I realized something…I am a tv junkie!!! I like tv, well that was until my house became a house of testosterone – now it is True TV and Discovery Channel and Spike Tv or what ever chanel Law and Order might be on . . . BUT they will have a fun list when they are older to think back on!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Memory Monday: Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner =-.

• 14 Se'Lah // Sep 14, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Mr. Ed was my absolutely favourite show…used to watch with my grandmother
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: ‘gift of jewels’ received… =-.

• 15 margie // Sep 15, 2009 at 5:06 am

lost in space. excuse me gayle. i was penny, no way you could have been penny!!
    .-= margie´s last blog ..blogging live =-.

• 16 DesignTies // Sep 15, 2009 at 9:55 am

Cindy and Peter were my favourite Bradys :-)

I’m totally with you about Mary Anne.

Some of my fave gone-but-not-forgotten shows are Little House on the Prairie, The White Shadow, Quantum Leap, Tour of Duty, Homefront, Early Edition (love Kyle Chandler!!)…

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Makeover Love with Style at Home =-.

• 17 Kimmie // Sep 15, 2009 at 12:58 pm

….and Bewitched, The Partridge Family and the Monkees :)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..tea and fresh paint =-.