September 11th

September 11th, 2009 · 12 Comments

In memory of those that lost their lives eight years ago.

Flowers 9-11-09 008 cropped (Medium)

In the hope that their families have peace in their lives.

Flowers 9-11-09 001 (Medium)

In prayer for our country.

Flowers 9-11-09 019 (Medium)

I hope that you get to spend time with those you love this weekend.  Maybe give them an extra tight hug.

Tags: Uncategorized

• 1 vchelle // Sep 11, 2009 at 9:51 am

This was such a loving tribute! I stand and share in spreading the love and support with you. Beautiful flowers!

• 2 spread your wings // Sep 11, 2009 at 1:16 pm

what a beautiful tribute. i looked at my phone this morning and the time was 9:11 am – at that moment i remembered the day and said a little prayer.

• 3 lmerie // Sep 11, 2009 at 1:56 pm

A good reminder. Great shots to go with it.
    .-= lmerie´s last blog ..Blue Bell Peach Cobbler Ice Cream!! =-.

• 4 patty // Sep 11, 2009 at 2:51 pm

so beautifully put! the photos are stunning… i love the yellow! perfect.
    .-= patty´s last blog ..To Be Stirred =-.

• 5 Katie in MA // Sep 11, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Lovely, simply, and very moving. Thanks so much for being one of those who have paid tribute to what none of us should forget.
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..9/11: eight years later. =-.

• 6 elk // Sep 11, 2009 at 6:01 pm

please take more stills gayle `they are incredible. hugs all around for sure

• 7 Se'Lah // Sep 11, 2009 at 6:14 pm

a sentiment shared.

gorgeous photos. that first one is simply divine.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..Conscious Friday: thinking of you… =-.

• 8 Diane // Sep 11, 2009 at 11:43 pm

I adore that 2nd photo and how wonderful you’ve reminded those in your country to remember this day. It’s a shame that sometimes a drastic loss is what spurs us to treasure what we have and who we have. Have a beautiful and huggable weekend Gayle
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Edmonton Wedding Sneak Peek {Grande Prairie, Alberta Photographer} =-.

• 9 Relyn // Sep 12, 2009 at 4:10 am

I was pregnant eight years ago and so was my friend. That day made her so scared for her unborn child. I always think of her and of how much we all have to be grateful for.

• 10 Puna // Sep 12, 2009 at 10:59 am

I certainly will. Thanks Gayle for the sentiment.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..While He’s Away Part Deux =-.

• 11 mrs. e // Sep 12, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Wonderful tribute!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Saturday Secrets =-.

• 12 Sweet Grapes // Oct 2, 2009 at 2:06 pm

[…] friend ELK complimented the photos I included in my 9/11/09 post and told me I should try more still life photography.  Once I calmed down from my giddy happiness about ELK’s compliment, I decided to take her […]