Greener Hay

September 10th, 2009 · 12 Comments

Another county fair view.  This goat was stuck.  Really stuck.  She was turning her head every which way to try to get free and then she’d stop and look at us.  I imagine she’s thinking, “I should have been happy with my own hay!”

Stuck Goat County Fair 8-09 005 (Medium)

In the 4H barn the goats were in these wooden pens, all with the same straw bedding and hay to eat.  Almost all of the goats had their heads through the wooden slats reaching into the pen next to them to grab their neighbor’s hay! I guess the hay is greener on the other side of the fence, too!

As for me, I’m pretty happy with the grass right where I am!  How about you?

Tags: Wild Critters

• 1 elk // Sep 10, 2009 at 3:19 pm

yep me too…a little dry but all is well…
    .-= elk´s last blog ..take shelter =-.

• 2 Stephanie // Sep 10, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Aw, poor guy! That’s be me if, instead of hay, there was candy. 😉
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Because you people don’t know nearly enough about me. =-.

• 3 spread your wings // Sep 10, 2009 at 4:49 pm

ah what a perfect wonderful post.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..treasure =-.

• 4 christina // Sep 10, 2009 at 5:45 pm

adorable! i want to help here… and then hug her. : )
    .-= christina´s last blog ..cinnamon lover =-.

• 5 lmerie // Sep 10, 2009 at 5:48 pm

My grass is pretty green , and growing all around!
    .-= lmerie´s last blog ..Blue Bell Peach Cobbler Ice Cream!! =-.

• 6 Heidi@2Thinks to Share // Sep 10, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Well, I can say I haven’t been letting any grass grow under my feet lately. As for green, I tend to think the grass is greener, but in my heart I know my grass is very green. And needs mowing.
    .-= Heidi@2Thinks to Share´s last blog ..Hopeless in Home Decor =-.

• 7 maya | springtree road // Sep 10, 2009 at 10:07 pm

i love the goat! i hope she got out ok, poor thing.

i’m trying not to think too much about where the grass is greener right now – i’m just moving forward. that’s what’s important.
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..Everybody Wants To Be a Cat b/w Take Me Out To the Ballgame =-.

• 8 Kath // Sep 10, 2009 at 10:33 pm

I’m liking the grass where I am right now … now that the work is done and everything is spic & span LOL!
    .-= Kath´s last blog ..Buy this HOUSE! =-.

• 9 mrs. e // Sep 11, 2009 at 6:45 am

When I was younger, I was a bit like the goats. When they grow up, they’ll figure it out– it doesn’t get any better!! Thanks so much for sharing, Gayle!!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Can I? I Can!! =-.

• 10 vchelle // Sep 11, 2009 at 9:53 am

Such a cute story…. I’m happy with the gass over here too.. This reminded me to be happy regardless!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Conscious Friday: I want the same for you. =-.

• 11 Puna // Sep 12, 2009 at 11:00 am

Actually Gayle, I’m very guilty of always wanting to be somewhere else, maybe Rome.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..While He’s Away Part Deux =-.

• 12 Monkey's Momma // Sep 14, 2009 at 10:43 am

Gotta love a goat!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Labor Day Parade =-.