Charmed Handspun Yarn!

September 9th, 2009 · 10 Comments

School has gotten off to not the greatest of starts for my three kids, but not the worst either!  Yesterday was their first day so I think they just have to adjust to new schedules, new teachers and of course all that work!

But for now I want to tell you about my friend maya, of springtree road, and her etsy store!  I met maya on the internet last November when she was hosting November In Black and White.  I was very new to blogging and I heard about her site on another blog.  I popped in to her blog and commented that I would love to participate.  I am so glad I did because that is when I met one of the sweetest and most amazing women in our blogosphere!  Even from our first  conversations I saw what a good person maya is.  I was struggling to try to figure out how to put the November In Black and White blog button on my sidebar.  maya asked me what my blog platform was and she took the time to research how to get the button on there for me!  I had just met her!  And, she was in the process of moving to another state at the time! And, she has a husband and a child and a life!  She still took the time to help me.  We have been friends ever since.

maya’s new venture is spinning yarn, and her etsy store is called springtree road handspun yarn and photography.  She began spinning less than a year ago.  When you look at her yarn, you will be amazed that she is new to this.  maya is so good at creating beautiful things!  Right now there is a vote going on over at etsy called, “Which handspun yarn makes you feel crafty?”  maya’s yarn, Charmed, was picked to be in the running!  If you get a chance today, I would be so happy if you would go over and vote for Charmed, and browse through maya’s store even if you don’t knit or crochet.   It will make you happy to browse through such loveliness!  To top it off, she also has fine art prints of her photography and very pretty note cards!  Have fun!

Tags: Blogging · Favorite Things

• 1 elizabeth // Sep 9, 2009 at 10:58 am

what a sweet post. I voted – yay for Maya!

I bought some yarn from her to give as a gift (shhhhhh ..). It is so gorgeous that I want it for myself – and I don’t even knit, LOL.
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..call of the wild dog camp =-.

• 2 mrs. e // Sep 9, 2009 at 11:31 am

You know I want to hear the school stories!!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Year 2- Fairly Well Adjusted =-.

• 3 Gayle // Sep 9, 2009 at 11:35 am

Hi elizabeth!
    I want to buy some of her yarn and place it around my house so I can just look at it all the time!

Hi mrs. e!
    I’m hoping within a few days there won’t be any stories to tell! We’ll see.

• 4 Katie in MA // Sep 9, 2009 at 4:15 pm

That yarn is GORGEOUS!! I might have to splurge on some for my mom… Since she “homespun” me and my sibs, I think it’s only fair. :)
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Where I was on Friday night. =-.

• 5 anna b-bonkers // Sep 9, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Oh wow! I sure wish I could knit or crochet! Lovely stuff!
    And I saw the cutes crochet shoes on etsy the other day taht would look amazing with that yarn!
    .-= anna b-bonkers´s last blog ..Art and mindless chatter =-.

• 6 maya | springtree road // Sep 9, 2009 at 11:41 pm

oh gayle – you are such a sweetie! thanks so much for your kind words. they really mean a lot. :)
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..The Romney washes up nice =-.

• 7 DesignTies // Sep 10, 2009 at 12:28 am

I had no idea yarn could be so cool and creative!!

I voted for maya :-)

Class tonight was good :-) I think it’s going to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun too :-)

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Rewind Wednesday gets Beany =-.

• 8 Monkey's Momma // Sep 10, 2009 at 10:21 am

I voted and I posted about it too! Go Maya!! If it wasn’t for her, you and I may not have met :)
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..I Am Charmed By Handspun Yarn =-.

• 9 Angela // Sep 10, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I am going to check it out now!! I wish I could knit and I’m sure I could learn, but then I think it would become yet another “obsession” for me, and I already have too many!

~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..Quote of the Day =-.

• 10 elk // Sep 10, 2009 at 3:18 pm