Garlic Bread and Other Stuff I Love!

September 3rd, 2009 · 7 Comments

It’s Love Thursday!  Here are some of the things I’m lovin’ this week!

The way my 16 year old son is helping his 11 year old brother prepare for moving up to a 7th grade accelerated math class from a 6th grade regular one.

The extra bunches of bedtime kisses my 13 year old daughter gave me a couple of nights ago, after we had spent the day at odds with each other.

My 11 year old son creating his own recipes and trying them out each day!

Water Balloons sitting on the picnic table, waiting and hoping for at least one more hot day.

Water Balloons Sept.1 & 209 002 (Medium)

The late summer sun shining on my face.

Sun Sept.1 & 209 010 (Medium)

More marshmallow roasts in our pool!

Fire, Sept.1 & 209 038 (Medium)

Garlic Bread fresh out of the oven!

Garlic Bread 9-1-09 005 (Medium)

And last but not least, Katie’s blog, Can’t Get There From Here.  When I worked on my Awards post yesterday, I meant to include Katie in the blogs that I gave out the It’s a Major Award to and when I typed my post out, I forgot to include her blog!  Sheesh.   I’m sorry Katie, because I really meant to include you yesterday.  So, here is a special presentation of the It’s a Major Award award!  It goes to Can’t Get There From Here!

majoraward

“This award is for anyone who likes to smile and/or laugh, and just generally spreads that along in the blogging world we all travel in.”

Here are the rules of this award:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
  2. Pass the award to bloggers who like to smile and/or laugh.
  3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Happy Love Thursday!

Tags: Blogging · Cooking · Family · Favorite Things

• 1 elk // Sep 3, 2009 at 4:09 pm

LOVE the balloon image Gayle, and if someone has not been following your blog they may wonder about the marshmallow roast in the pool!
    .-= elk´s last blog ..______ =-.

• 2 Gayle // Sep 3, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Hi elk!
    Haha! That’s for sure. Thank you for pointing that out because I forgot to link to my marshmallow roasting in the pool post! I added the link!

• 3 Angela @ PeonyPatch // Sep 3, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Gayle,
    For whatever reason, I laughed out loud when I read “marshmellow roast in the pool” :-)
    Hope you have a great holiday weekend!!

~angela
    .-= Angela @ PeonyPatch´s last blog ..Chillin’ =-.

• 4 spread your wings // Sep 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm

i love that roasting marshmallows in the pool.
    happy love thursday. hope you have a great holiday weekend and have a chance to use those balloons!
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..unexpected =-.

• 5 Puna // Sep 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm

That’s a great way to use the pool.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..And Here’s The Ponzu Sauce… =-.

• 6 DesignTies // Sep 4, 2009 at 9:12 am

Mmmmm, garlic bread!! Yummy!!

I’m with the water balloons — I’m hoping for at least one more hot day too :-) This weekend is actually looking pretty good — better late than never, I guess 😉

I hope you’ll do a post about red — I’m sure you’ll have fun putting it together :-)

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Yellow vs. Purple Smackdown =-.

• 7 sunnymama // Sep 4, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Don’t tell sunnyboy about the marshmallow roasting or he will be straight round to your pool 😉
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Dragonflies (Nozy’s Nature Pictures) =-.