Optimism

August 20th, 2009 · 14 Comments

Flowers 8-18-09 038 (Medium)

Today my kids and I have to head over to our high school.  I was not looking forward to it.  My son’s schedule for this year, 11th grade, is not what his teachers recommended.  An email to his guidance counselor got me an email back that said something along of the lines of there’s a scheduling problem with his AP Biology class and his Honors Chemistry class, so he has to either drop AP Biology, or drop down out of the Honors Chemistry class to a regular Chemistry class.  My son was told at the end of 10th grade that there was only one AP Biology class being offered this year, but it is really hard to believe that there is only one Honors Chemistry class being offered, and that the are both in the same period of the school day.   My husband was all peeved last night upon hearing all of this and he handed out the orders (yes, that’s what it felt like, orders) for me to march over to the school today and throw a hissy fit (okay, he didn’t say that exactly!) and get this fixed!  Mind you, my husband will not go to the school and do this himself.  It’s my job.

Flowers 8-18-09 042 (Medium)

I am not a hissy fit throwing kind of person.  So I was all worried last night about how the heck am I going to do this?  I am not happy that they are telling us that his schedule won’t work.  While my husband is sure in his mind that the schedule could be fixed, but they just don’t want to bother fixing it, I’m not sure.  So after a while of worrying, suddenly it popped into my head, the solution to my worrying!  I’m not going over there today to throw a hissy fit.  I’m going over there today feeling happy and positive that we can make it work.  If they don’t want to take the time to look over all of his classes to see if rearranging can be done, I’ll offer to do it!  I figure I just need to see when each of the classes he is taking is offered and my son and I can see if this can be worked out!  When these positive thoughts popped into my head I had a couple more thoughts.  One was of the sweet vchelle of Operation You.  vchelle, this may sound silly, but I really felt your positive energy and optimism!  Thank you!  Also, I thought, can I be turning into an optimist?!  I think so!

Flowers 8-18-09 045 (Medium)

I will now make the phone call to make the appointment to make things work out!

Please ignore that I took all of these flower photos with my camera’s ISO set on 1600.  I may be becoming an optimist, but my memory to check camera settings isn’t getting any better!

Tags: All About Me · Family

• 1 vchelle // Aug 20, 2009 at 11:32 am

Oh Gayle! I’m filled with so much joy! I feel your positive energy too!! Right now!! I smiled and still smiling with such love…. It is not about the recognition, it’s about the shift in you, in all of us.. This morning while mediating and praying, I heard the inner voice say, “it is happening.” All the practice work I’m currently doing, the results is happening now in the present moment and Gayle, you are the angel to deliver another confirmation of one of my affirming prayers..

I stand with you in feeling your way through this meeting at the school! Expect goodness and guess what my girl friend, you got it!! Right now!! I can’t wait to hear the outcome…

Love ya!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..I say yes! =-.

• 2 Kimmie // Aug 20, 2009 at 11:48 am

there’s a saying out there somewhere about bees and honey and letting what comes out of our mouths be something sweet …. I wish I could remember it :)

it’s a fact of life in public school that they (teachers and staff) are overworked and underpaid and need all the help they can get – especially the advocacy and involvement of parents in a positive way. I’m certain you will have a good outcome of this :)

(My husband is a HS teacher)
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..travel pictures of a different sort =-.

• 3 spread your wings // Aug 20, 2009 at 11:52 am

I hope you get the schedule worked out. I feel with your positive attitude it will happen. In high school Taylor had to be quiet bold and persistent to get in a photography class that she wanted. She proved that is more than an elective for her and presented a portfolio. The teacher let her skip into photo 3 (which fit in her schedule) instead of having to go through intro photo.

• 4 Se'Lah // Aug 20, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I call vchelle my dose of positive. She is absolutely great at keeping everyone optimistic.

Lots of love to you both.

Hope the class schedule works out. Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..gift of jewels… =-.

• 5 Katie in MA // Aug 20, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Good for you! I hope things work out. Perhaps if the schedule can’t be changed, he could take “normal” chemistry and do extra work so that he gets Honors credit? I had to do that with some of my language classes in high school.
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Things I think I thought… =-.

• 6 Shannon // Aug 20, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I am sure you can make things work. I love your outlook!! Now for me to follow your lead. :)
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Let’s Call This Post Tile Overload =-.

• 7 elk // Aug 20, 2009 at 3:15 pm

been there …done that …MANY times…you can do it in a nice way because that is how you are…flowers & all!

• 8 Puna // Aug 20, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I just know this is going to work out! You are your kids’ best advocate…something similar happened to my boy with his schedule. They were happy to help straighten it out. So positive thoughts going back to you! No hissy fits, just plain mommy concern is necessary! Go Gayle Go!
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..A Young Man’s Life =-.

• 9 Ashley // Aug 20, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I’m sure it will all work out! Way to stay positive! It is very inspiring…can’t wait to hear how it all works out. Beautiful flowers as well!

• 10 elizabeth // Aug 20, 2009 at 11:37 pm

you rock! and I just know it worked out for you!

love the sunny yellow and orange.

(I have an overactive nose as well .. I blame Atlas. 😉 I hope you enjoyed your macaroni salad!)
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..thinking out loud =-.

• 11 Macaroni Salad Recipe and an Update! // Aug 21, 2009 at 11:50 am

[…] ← Optimism […]

• 12 Stephanie // Aug 21, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Good for you for finding all that positive thinking! And the ISO thing? Yeah, I don that ALL the time.

• 13 rachel de paula // Aug 23, 2009 at 4:29 am

well as you see can in this website its so many categories to choose that you will enjoy to look for .The picture was good in the of viewer……….

• 14 sunnymama // Sep 1, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Pretty flowers :) I read the next post first and hope things are sorted out now.
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.