Beautiful Rust

August 19th, 2009 · 18 Comments

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
– Marcel Proust

Tractor 8-18-09 022 (Medium)

Tractor 8-18-09 027 (Medium)

Tractor 8-18-09 032 (Medium)

Have you heard that mcp actions is giving away a Lensbaby Composer?  Hurry and get on over there to enter!  And if you’re not entering yourself, wish me luck!

Tags: Photography

• 1 DesignTies // Aug 19, 2009 at 3:20 pm

Interesting shots — I never thought of taking pictures of rusty things, but these ones you took are kind of cool :-) This is probably going to sound really weird, but the first one makes me think of a chocolate cupcake!!

I just got a brand new Nikon D60 camera yesterday — I can’t wait to get home any try it out!!

Kelly

• 2 Katie in MA // Aug 19, 2009 at 4:40 pm

What fabulous textures!! Rust is so beautiful to capture in photos, don’t you think?
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..An open letter to the corporate suits who run daycare. =-.

• 3 mrs. e // Aug 19, 2009 at 5:51 pm

That quote is so true! I’m going to look at rust in a whole new way!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..My 2nd Day Back =-.

• 4 patty // Aug 19, 2009 at 6:57 pm

love your creative shots of an everyday thing! love the quote, too… and that photoblog! :) good luck w the contest! (the first one does kinda look like a chocolate cupcake!)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..Dive Right In =-.

• 5 spread your wings // Aug 19, 2009 at 8:53 pm

i’ve always liked that quote
    and i really do like the focus in these photos- very interesting
    good luck on winning the lens baby
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..tranquil =-.

• 6 maya | springtree road // Aug 19, 2009 at 11:30 pm

love it! those are right up my alley! :)
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..If you’d like to win one of my yarns… =-.

• 7 Se'Lah // Aug 20, 2009 at 8:57 am

Sending you lots of positive vibes…hope you win.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..gift of jewels… =-.

• 8 Se'Lah // Aug 20, 2009 at 8:57 am

p.s. these rust shots are totally beautiful!

• 9 2Thinks // Aug 20, 2009 at 10:55 am

Nice rust shots. But a lensbaby composer? Never heard of that. Hmm.
    .-= 2Thinks´s last blog ..Seasons Change Sometimes Slowly =-.

• 10 Shannon // Aug 20, 2009 at 2:24 pm

You take such beautiful photographs. You make rust look absolutely lovely.

• 11 elk // Aug 20, 2009 at 2:39 pm

oh how I love rust you know ~ these are so true and well….rusty!..good luck on the lensbaby!!

• 12 Puna // Aug 20, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Good luck Gayle! And I’m entered too. I hope both of us win. Is that possible? Anyway, great photo of the rust…
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..A Young Man’s Life =-.

• 13 Ashley // Aug 20, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I love your quote, it is so true! Great images…wonderful textures!

• 14 Stephanie // Aug 21, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I love these. Especially the colors and the depth of field. Just wonderful!

• 15 lailani // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:16 am

I saw the title of thid s post the other day an
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – 16 and Driving =-.

• 16 lailani // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:17 am

Ugh, sorry about the previous post – I sometimes have issues with my son’s laptop that he is so kind to allow me to use :)

…I knew this would have great photos of rusty things. Love it! Great shots – great quote to introduce it.
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – 16 and Driving =-.

• 17 Monkey's Momma // Aug 23, 2009 at 6:28 am

See? I knew I was not the only one who took photos of rust. So much texture and detail to capture!

Great shots!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Angels Among Us =-.

• 18 sunnymama // Sep 1, 2009 at 10:20 pm

Wow! These are very beautiful rusty pictures!
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.