Slipping & Sliding!

August 12th, 2009 · 8 Comments

Slip & Slide 8-10-09 088 cropped (Medium)

Slip & Slide 8-10-09 060 (Medium)

We’ve only had two hot days this summer.  This is how my youngest son and I spent one of them.  The next day we planned on slippin’ and slidin’ but we were too sore!  Apparently you use muscles to slip and slide that you don’t usually use!  Here’s hoping for another hot day before school starts!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things

• 1 Liz // Aug 12, 2009 at 10:30 am

Sitting here under the glow of fluourescent lights… these pictures look like heaven to me. :)
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..House Feature: Vertical House =-.

• 2 Ashley // Aug 12, 2009 at 11:19 am

What a fun summer activity!! I bet it was a blast. I haven’t tried that for years, but I do remember being sore afterwards!! However, it was well worth it.

• 3 Katie in MA // Aug 12, 2009 at 3:40 pm

That looks SO fun! I haven’t slipped n’ slided (slid?) since I was a kid and now I am totally wanting to go out and buy one! Problem is…with all of this 100+ degree heat in TX, I have no lawn. And what little there is, is stubbly. Probably not conducive to hurling yourself on top of it with only a thin sheet of plastic to protect you. :) How ’bout I just come over to your house instead?
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..All done up. =-.

• 4 Relyn // Aug 12, 2009 at 3:55 pm

I am completely jealous that you have only had three hot days. It’s 93 degrees right now. AND. It’s back to school time, but our school is being renovated. So, no a/c. GAH!
    .-= Relyn´s last blog ..Catching Up… =-.

• 5 DesignTies // Aug 12, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Yesterday and today have been our only two hot days this summer too!! I’d love to be slippin’ and slidin’ right now…. can’t wait to head to the cottage for the weekend :-)

Love you water shots, especially the second one :-)

Take care of those sore muscles!! Oh, and if you REALLY want sore muscles, try tubing behind a motor boat at 25mph. Your butt will NOT like you for a very long time after you do it!! 😉

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..A hot & steamy Rewind Wednesday! =-.

• 6 sunnymama // Aug 12, 2009 at 5:52 pm

That looks a lot of fun! I left you an award at my blog. No need to pass it on unless you want to but I just wanted you to know that I think your blog is great :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

• 7 lmerie // Aug 13, 2009 at 9:51 am

LOL! Yes about those muscles. A few years ago I joined the boys on one, oh my did I hurt, laughing would remind me of all the normally unused muscles. I thought, “what a great exercise plan!” But I could not bring myself around to throwing MYSELF on the ground again. hehe

Great water shots!!
    .-= lmerie´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – Evening Fishing =-.

• 8 e l k // Aug 13, 2009 at 11:48 am

now THAT is a great capture …did you get too wet?
    good for the grass too!
    .-= e l k ´s last blog ..at paths end =-.