Summer Fruit Kuchen

August 11th, 2009 · 13 Comments

In my Sun post I mentioned that I was making a summer fruit kuchen.  I’ve made it twice and boy, oh boy is it good!

Summer Fruit Kuchen 7-2009 002 (Medium)

Summer Fruit Kuchen before it went into the oven

The recipe is here.  The changes I made were that I used a 9 inch round pan because I don’t have a 9 inch square pan, I used salted butter instead of unsalted, and I used two peaches instead of one peach and one plum.  Oh, and I didn’t dust it with confectioners’ sugar.  The second time I made it the blueberries were very tart and my daughter and I didn’t like that, but my husband liked their non-sweetness.  My boys didn’t eat it.  Sigh.

Baked and ready to eat!

Baked and ready to eat!

One of the best things was the wonderful smell that filled the house while it was baking!  If you try it, let me know what you think!

We bought a lot of those blueberries, so I now have a whole bunch of sour blueberries that I don’t know what to do with.  Any ideas?  I’m thinking that I might just put them out in the woods for the groundhogs and rabbits to eat!

Tags: Cooking

• 1 DesignTies // Aug 11, 2009 at 10:11 am

Yummy!!!

I love sour blueberries, send them to me!! 😉

Couldn’t you bake another kuchen or maybe a cobbler with them, and just sprinkle some sugar over the berries to sweeten them up before you pour them into the baking dish??

I now have one all-done project :-) I’ll post pictures soon!!

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Working through our project list… =-.

• 2 vchelle // Aug 11, 2009 at 1:31 pm

ummm, it looks and sounds yummy especially since I’m hungry!!!

• 3 Shannon // Aug 11, 2009 at 1:38 pm

This looks really yummy! I am making one! Hmmm, what to do with sour blueberries? Maybe a homemade blueberry syrup or jam? Or using them in a cobbler like Kelly suggested. I’m thinking maybe blueberry buckle!! I’ll see if I can find my recipe.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Odds and Ends =-.

• 4 Shannon // Aug 11, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Here ya go!!

Hope you like it!
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Odds and Ends =-.

• 5 Ashley // Aug 11, 2009 at 3:56 pm

This looks delicious! I will definitely have to try out your recipe!

• 6 elk // Aug 11, 2009 at 4:15 pm

sounds and looks wonderful…you “fix” recipes like i do …tee hee!

are you itch free?
    .-= elk´s last blog ..just outside =-.

• 7 Katie in MA // Aug 11, 2009 at 4:27 pm

YUM that looks good! Those blueberries would work well in muffins – which I always heat in the micro and spread with butter and a little sugar, so it’s okay if the berries are a wee bit tart. :) Hey, muffins aren’t the healthiest anyway, so why not add a little butter n’ sugar, right?
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..…and the pursuit of happiness. =-.

• 8 mrs. e // Aug 11, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Looks delish!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..The Good Gardener Is Headed Home =-.

• 9 2Thinks // Aug 11, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Looking good! Mmmm….
    .-= 2Thinks´s last blog ..Adoption- the great gift! =-.

• 10 Gayle // Aug 12, 2009 at 9:40 am

Thanks everyone! I now have some yummy looking recipes from Shannon and Kelly to try! Hope I don’t run out of blueberries!

• 11 sunnymama // Aug 12, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Mmm! Looks divine. Thanks for the link to the recipe 😉
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

• 12 Puna // Aug 13, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Wow, how did I miss this?
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Get Ready to Rumble With Recipes – Psst, It’s A Giveaway! =-.

• 13 Yum! // Aug 10, 2010 at 8:39 am

[…] made Summer Fruit Kuchen again this year!  Funny, I posted about making it, and the changes I made to the recipe, last summer on August 11th!  I’m just a day […]