Monday Memories: The Twenty-third!

August 9th, 2009 · 11 Comments

July 2002 040 cropped

July 2002

Sometimes when I’m with my husband and kids, I am so filled with happiness, and love and joy!  That gushy, mushy happiness that makes me want to jump up and down and hug them all!  When I look at this photo, that is what I feel, the memory of that time.  Now is good, too.  I still feel that wonderful feeling when we are all together.  But it is a little different.  Now I also have the thought in my head that this won’t last forever.  My oldest boy is entering 11th grade this year.  College is coming upon us too fast.  My girl is entering 8th grade, her last year before high school.  And my baby, my sweet baby boy is entering 7th grade!  How did this happen so fast?!  It wasn’t so long ago when each of them wrapped their chubby little baby arms around my neck.

Now it’s your turn!  What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Twenty-fourth!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Puna // Aug 9, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Hi Gayle, handsome hubby and beautiful kids…it’s crazy how fast time flies…
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..The Horsey Coursey =-.

• 2 lailani // Aug 10, 2009 at 7:58 am

life does go by so fast! great pic!
    .-= lailani´s last blog ..Monday Memories: Put Silk on A Goat – Still Have A Goat =-.

• 3 patty // Aug 10, 2009 at 9:33 am

hi gayle… oh the passing of time seems to catch up with us each new school year, doesn’t it? i didn’t realize you had an 11th grader. i cant even go there yet! 9th is going to be hard enough for me this year!

i linked to you today. thanks again for the suggestion! :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..Monday’s Mess =-.

• 4 elk // Aug 10, 2009 at 11:49 am

i feel the tenderness in this photo and the memories run so deep, I hear you…sigh
    .-= elk´s last blog ..just outside =-.

• 5 Katie in MA // Aug 10, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Awww, such a sweet post today! My linky is sorta in-the-moment, sorta-memory of being little and hanging with my sister and my cousin…and how much of us I saw in my girls and their friend!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..In which I outlasted the playdate by thiiiiis much. =-.

• 6 Diane // Aug 10, 2009 at 5:53 pm

I think it’s wonderful that you’re taking the time to reflect on these things and remember them with such fondness. Life is so short and moves along so quickly. Kudos to you.
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..In the Good Ol’ Summertime =-.

• 7 mrs. e // Aug 10, 2009 at 7:31 pm

I haven’t been in on Monday Memories for awhile–forgive me, Gayle. I’ll be back!! The years fly so fast, don’t they?! Each stage is so different, but so much fun in unique ways. I loved the college years, too! Hard to imagine the kids in that picture at 11th, 8th, and 7th grades. Hmmm…we might need some current photos!!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Blog Land =-.

• 8 Shannon // Aug 10, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I love that feeling too. What a great memory! You have a beautiful family!

• 9 vchelle // Aug 11, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I’m sorry I missed Monday memories… You have such a sweet looking family! Time goes by so fast and that’s why I’m so glad you are taking the time to remember.. We all should so that more often! Speaking of your children’s chubby arms wrapped around you, I remmeber my daughter’s arm wrapped around my neck holding on for dear life to make sure I don’t put her to bed..LOL!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Presenting: License to Kill (positive view) =-.

• 10 sunnymama // Aug 12, 2009 at 5:56 pm

What a beautiful family you have :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

• 11 Stephanie // Aug 12, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Great picture! I love the shirt on your husband. And your kids look like they’re all arms and legs! So cute!