Don’t Scroll Down If You’re Arachnophobic!

August 7th, 2009 · 9 Comments

I’ll start out gently.  This is Oxford.  He was another one of my youngest son’s pets.  Only my oldest son didn’t know that Oxford was a pet and he put him outside to fly free!

Oxford 8-3-09 034 (Medium)

Next, do you remember Hector?  He is still with us.  He is living in his tank out on our patio.  He gets fresh water and zucchini every day.  I think it’s a good life for a slug.

Okay this one’s not so bad.  It lives on our patio, too.  She has no name yet.  I think she looks like a…Gladys.  Yep, here’s Gladys with some of her upcoming meal down below her.

Spiders 8-3-09 005 (Medium)

Below is what I don’t like so much.  This creature was found by my husband, living IN our GARAGE!  Not out in the woods where such large, creepy things should remain.  It was living in a bucket of fittings he has in our garage.  It was just hanging out there on the inside of the bucket.  He saw it before reaching in, so he got a pipe to reach into the bucket and IT JUMPED AT THE PIPE!  It was ready to do battle!

Spiders 8-3-09 012 (Medium)

This plastic jar is big.  It holds 16 oz. of instant coffee. The diameter of the bottom of this jar is four inches.

Spiders 8-3-09 012 cropped (Medium)

My husband put this creature out in the woods.  Now my daughter and I don’t want to go near the garage, or the woods, or anywhere between the woods and the garage.  Because it might be on it’s way back.

Shiver. I just felt like something was walking on my leg.

I’ll leave you with a photo of Timmy’s cuteness to get all of that out of your mind.  Although, I have a not very pleasant story to tell you about involving Timmy…coming soon.  He’s not injured or anything like that, it’s something he did.

Dogs 8-1-09 001 (Medium)

So, after all that creepiness and intrigue, I wish you a happy, spider-free weekend!  Unless you like spiders, then I wish you plenty of them!

Tags: Home & Garden · Pets · Wild Critters

• 1 Christina // Aug 7, 2009 at 11:30 am

Oh Timmy, I love you so much!! Thank you for helping me come back … your cuteness is greatly appreciated. Although your mommy did warn me at the beginning of this post. I’m so hard headed. lol
    : )
    .-= Christina´s last blog ..i am~ inspired =-.

• 2 Stephanie // Aug 7, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Why oh why did I scroll down???

• 3 Ashley // Aug 8, 2009 at 12:38 am

Oh my gosh! What a creepy spider. I’m glad to have seen Timmy at the end though…so adorable!!
    .-= Ashley´s last blog ..Vintage Flower =-.

• 4 patty // Aug 8, 2009 at 2:31 am

how hysterical! loved this!
    as the momma of a crocodile-hunter son, i appreciate the scary, gross, creepy, crawly critters they “adopt”. kuddos to you! wait ’til they grow into capturing reptiles… have you seen my snake adventures this summer? blah!
    .-= patty´s last blog ..paper airplanes =-.

• 5 Gayle // Aug 8, 2009 at 11:03 am

Hi Christina!
    Thank you from Timmy!

Hi Stephanie!
    I know! Any time I see a warning like that, I must scroll down, as quickly as possible!

Hi Ashley!
    It is! Every once in a while the thought of it pops into my head and I wonder how many live around us!

Hi patty!
    That is funny! I think I wouldn’t mind snakes as much as that spider! As long as they stay in a tank! Or, outside, preferably!

• 6 Shalet // Aug 8, 2009 at 1:22 pm

We had a scorpion living in a glass container on our butcher block for a while. Where did he come from? Our bed! That was a fun night. :o)
    .-= Shalet´s last blog ..More Love … =-.

• 7 sunnymama // Aug 8, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Timmy is definitely the cutest!
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Today’s Flowers =-.

• 8 Gayle // Aug 8, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Hi Shalet!
    That is really creepy!

Hi sunnymama!
    I agree!

• 9 Puna // Aug 9, 2009 at 3:39 pm

You have a variable zoo at your place.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..I Admire Productivity =-.