Monday Memories: The Twenty-second!

August 2nd, 2009 · 11 Comments

Before I start my Monday Memories post I want to thank all of you for your words of support and sweetness over all my complaining lately.  I’m declaring an end to my complaining!  I have way more to be thankful for than I have to complain about.  Nuff said!

And, this has absolutely nothing to do with this post, but is The Time Traveler’s Wife advertisement showing on my site now?  Because if it is, check out that bokeh!  It is bokeh-alicious!  (I stole the word bokeh-alicious from my blogging friend maya at springtree road!)

Happy Monday!

Flowers 7-09 032 (Medium)

One of my dad’s hobbies used to be photography.  I’ve talked about my dad here before and about our lack of a relationship.  What I remember about his photography was that it was boring.  If he was taking a photo of people we had to sit and pose forever waiting for him to get all his settings just right!  Often he took photos of flowers.  Probably because they didn’t complain about standing there forever waiting for him to be set!  I remember sitting in our living room watching slide shows of his flower photos.  I couldn’t imagine anything more boring at the time!  Ugh!  Flower after flower, different views of the same flower,  “Oh!  Here’s this rose from the other side!”  Heehee!  Not exactly exciting viewing there.

Cone Flower 7-09 034 (Medium)

Now, all these years later, here I am, taking photos of flowers, different views of the same flower, ten photos of the same view of the same flower, just trying to get the light right!  The only difference is, I don’t force my family to sit through a slide show of my flower photos.  I know how boring that is!

Flowers 7-09 039 (Medium)

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Twenty-third!

Tags: Family · Home & Garden · Monday Memories · Photography

• 1 elk // Aug 3, 2009 at 9:16 am

gayle the blooms are a delight , like a color bouquet from you!

• 2 lmerie // Aug 3, 2009 at 9:42 am

Great look back, and great change in perspective (yeah, I would let the kiddos off the hook of looking at a slide show of flowers too) :)
    .-= lmerie´s last blog ..Disco Ball of Reality =-.

• 3 autumnsun // Aug 3, 2009 at 11:13 am

this made me smile. my yard is slim pickings for flower photography right now so i enjoy seeing yours.
    .-= autumnsun´s last blog ..a parade of animals =-.

• 4 Katie in MA // Aug 3, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I love Memory Mondays!…but I always forget to write for them. Doh! So I linked to an old post about my brother teaching me about football. I thought it was rather appropriate since I’ve spent the morning catching up on all that’s happened during the off-season. Can’t wait for football to be back!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..They’re home, they’re home! =-.

• 5 Brother John, a Musical Memory : LifeSignatures // Aug 3, 2009 at 5:25 pm

[…] day, I was thinking of Gayle’s Monday Memories because I’m very sentimental. And last weekend was full of […]

• 6 Puna // Aug 3, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Thank you Gayle for your memory! I just got back into town so my post is a little late.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Brother John, a Musical Memory =-.

• 7 Stephanie // Aug 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm

I love pictures of flowers, but if you forced me to sit and watch a slide show of them, oh, I think I’d run for the hills. Of course, if you force me to sit and watch a slide show of ANYTHING, I’d probably go into hiding.
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Why I chose to stay employed. =-.

• 8 Se'Lah // Aug 3, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Love the floral captures.

beautiful Gayle. I love Memory Mondays.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..Inspirational Monday: talkin’ blues… =-.

• 9 patty // Aug 4, 2009 at 7:16 am

and they’re beautiful flowers! funny the things we (might) inherit from our families… :)
    .-= patty´s last blog ..The Birth of ‘Monday’s Mess’ =-.

• 10 sunnymama // Aug 8, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Beautiful flowers :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Today’s Flowers =-.

• 11 Karen Norris // Aug 30, 2009 at 7:58 am

Such lovely photos and well taken…..sorry to hear how it all begun but I’m sure you love it now