Poison Ivy, Dirt Bike, Exercise, Etsy Shop, Vacation, Pet Parade, Oh My!

July 23rd, 2009 · 15 Comments

I’ve got some random stuff today!

My poison ivy came back with a vengeance, before I even finished taking the prednisone.  This time it popped out all over my legs.  My doctor sent me to a dermatologist.  He was going to put me on more prednisone, but when I complained about the side effects, he put me on Zyrtec, Benedryl, Domeboro compresses and a steroid cream.  I started these remedies yesterday afternoon and so far the rash is still spreading to the clear patches on my legs.  Please don’t let me be blogging about this poison ivy in August!  I’m so sick of it!  I just keep reminding myself there are a lot of worse things.

My husband got my eleven year old son a used dirt bike.  Yikes.

Dirt Bike 7-22-09 006 (Medium)

I’ve been exercising!  Yes! I’ve been using our elliptical machine and my 5 lb weights.  I have stuck with it for about 3 weeks now! Wish me luck and  perseverance!

Coffee Table 7-09 006 (Medium)

I have wanted to set up an etsy shop for a long time and I am finally doing it!  I get many requests for my guinea pig pattern and I had never written it down.  I made all of those guinea pigs a long time ago.  So, I finally sat myself down and worked up and tested a pattern for the large guinea pig and created one for a baby guinea pig, too!  I wanted to open the shop this week, but I’ll need to wait until August because of the reason listed in the next paragraph.  So for now it is an empty, partially set up shop.

My husband finally decided that we can go on vacation, and that we need to go next week while he has a lull in his work.  You might remember that his work was nearly non-existent from mid-January.  Well, when July got here he suddenly became loaded with work.  Yippee!  But the, “We need to go on vacation on Monday” part, not so yippee.  I am a planner.  I don’t like things sprung on me.    Why must my husband annoy me?  heehee!

The Pet Parade is Wednesday, July 29th!  Woo Hoo!  I’m going to set up the Pet Parade post with Mr. Linky in it before we go on vacation and set it to publish early Wednesday morning.  If I don’t get to visit your link right away please forgive me.  I’ll be embroiled in family fun!

Tags: All About Me · Crochet Patterns for Sale · Crocheted Stuff · Family · Pet Parade

• 1 Relyn // Jul 23, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Oh. I love these kinds of catch up posts. It gives a glimpse into someone’s head, don’t you think? I like what’s in yours.

• 2 elk // Jul 23, 2009 at 3:01 pm

oh you poor thing, I have never heard of the troubles you are having with the poison ivy…guinea pigs and hand weights you go Gayle!

• 3 Puna // Jul 23, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Gayle, those guinea pigs are the cutest little things. I would buy one for sure. I do hope that icky poison ivy will clear up soon.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..800 Pounds of Love =-.

• 4 Puna // Jul 23, 2009 at 3:09 pm

And keep working out girl.
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..800 Pounds of Love =-.

• 5 Katie in MA // Jul 23, 2009 at 3:38 pm

I am so proud of you with the working out! Keep it up!!!

And YAY vacation! I know how you feel about the planning – I am the same way! But you never know – the carefree, flying by the seat of your pants thing might make this the best vacation yet. :) I hope so!

Have fun!!!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Love flies through the air with the greatest of ease. =-.

• 6 Heidi // Jul 23, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Oh, I feel terrible about your poison ivy- I’ve had it before and know how horrid it is. I hope you’ll be able to knock it out soon.

Etsy shop? I keep hearing about these. I have to check it out. I have nothing to sell, though.

Have a lovely vacation, I’m sure it will be great.
    Heidi
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..ABC in Idioms- My First Try =-.

• 7 elizabeth // Jul 24, 2009 at 12:42 am

after my one bout with poison oak (which was so not-fun that i would not let atlas step one foot off the asphalt walking path onto anything green looking, LOL), i started washing with tecnu after being around anything i thought might be poison-y. it seemed to work quite well. i wish you non-itchy skin soon! enjoy your vacation! :)
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..up, up, and away =-.

• 8 margie // Jul 24, 2009 at 8:08 am

oh no, not poison ivy. terrible. poor you.
    .-= margie´s last blog ..baby steps =-.

• 9 Monkey's Momma // Jul 24, 2009 at 10:47 am

Where are ya going on vaca? If you come near St. Louis, let me know!

And I am so glad that you are opening an etsy shop!
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Declutter In Process…Proceed With Caution! =-.

• 10 vchelle // Jul 24, 2009 at 11:47 am

Good Luck on your guinea pigs! They are so adorable. Go away “Ivy,” go away. You are not welcomed anymore! Vacation!!! yeah!! Girl, my vacation was planned at the last minute and the Universe knows what you need, when you need it so half plan – half pack – half everything! You just go and live and love for the moment and relax and soak it all up!!! You deserve it!
    .-= vchelle´s last blog ..Conscious Friday: Magnificent, we are… =-.

• 11 Angela // Jul 24, 2009 at 1:18 pm

WAY TO GO on the working out!! 3 weeks!! That’s great! I hope your p. ivy goes away soon, too!! I can’t wait to learn more about your Etsy shop!

~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..Hooked on: Cycling =-.

• 12 Kim Andersen // Jul 24, 2009 at 8:50 pm

ok – I am PRAYING for you and this Poison Ivy thing! That’s awful!

BTW – I am one of those guinea pig pattern coveters out here 😉
    .-= Kim Andersen´s last blog ..the little auto =-.

• 13 spread your wings // Jul 24, 2009 at 9:27 pm

so nice to catch up. sorry that your poison ivy is still lingering, sure hope you get relief before your vacation. i’m so glad you set up an etsy shop. those little guinea pigs will be popular i’m sure.
    where are you going on vacation?
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..little lamb / young girl =-.

• 14 minischnauzergirl // May 2, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I LOVE YOUR GUINEA PIG CROCHET!!! SOOOO CUTE!!! Are you going to be posting a free pattern of that? I would love to make tons of them and give them to all my friends and family.

• 15 vickey // Feb 7, 2013 at 8:35 am

I would love to get the pattern for the guinea pigs. They are so cute.