Oregano

July 17th, 2009 · 6 Comments

I’m following the lead of my sweet blogging buddy Se’Lah of Necessary Room today!  She is reminding us to “take a moment today to notice the small stuff.”

My oregano plant is flowering

Oregano flower

It is also a nursery!  Can you see?  You can click to see larger.

Spider Nursery on Oregano Plant

Tiny spiders!  Now I am not really a fan of spiders, but I think the mom made an excellent choice of spots for them to hatch in!  It’s green and aromatic and is topped off with beautiful purple flowers!  I wonder how many are inside the web cocoon.  Or, maybe I don’t want to think about that!

Happy Friday and don’t forget, The Pet Parade summer edition is coming on July 29th!  Please join ELK, and Sam of course, of red or gray depends on the day, and me, and Timmy and Polly, too!    Get those pets ready for marching!

Tags: Home & Garden · Pet Parade

• 1 Diane // Jul 17, 2009 at 10:59 am

that photo of the oregano flowering is so lovely. Aren’t spiders amazing! Have a really great weekend
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Life’s Sweet Ordinary =-.

• 2 Heidi // Jul 17, 2009 at 11:52 am

I love the small stuff. I love the smell of oregano and thai basil, especially and lemon bee balm. I love those million baby spiders- baby being the operative word here. Baby animals of any sort are cute and cuddly and….it’s just when they grow up they become scary or so much work or smelly or whatever. Like people. Hee hee.

I don’t have a pet at the moment. Sold my rabbits at my garage sale, which I did blog about. It’s in the archives. Maavelous Day in the Suburbs I think it’s called.

Have a good day!
    Heidi
    .-= Heidi´s last blog ..Speak, Your Servant is Listening =-.

• 3 Se'Lah // Jul 17, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Cool beans! Spiders are amazing! Your photos are even more amazing. I bet that oregano is aromatic!
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..the small stuff… =-.

• 4 mrs. e // Jul 17, 2009 at 6:35 pm

I love the smell of many herbs, but I know so little about them–like–oregano flowers?!! Very pretty! An awareness of the small things makes life so much more wonderful!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Friday’s Favorites =-.

• 5 elk // Jul 17, 2009 at 9:52 pm

that is a lovely oregano plant…spiders not so much…enjoy your garden and the small miracles it holds!
    .-= elk´s last blog ..dusk understood =-.

• 6 Kate // Jul 19, 2009 at 10:37 am

I really like those pictures. I had no idea that oregano flowered, beautiful!
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..The cleanse…Day 4. =-.