My mind is speeding along today. A not so great side effect of the Prednisone I’m on (again) for more poison ivy rashes. Along with that are the feeling that my ears are clogged and a really unpleasant indigestion feeling. How in the world can I be getting poison ivy when I don’t go near it? I’ve got some ideas. Timmy loves digging. He used to only dig in one empty garden area, but has taken to digging in a few other areas recently. Maybe there are poison ivy roots he’s getting into. I brushed up against the wheels of my husband’s garden tractor the evening before the second outbreak appeared, while getting the sidewalk chalk out of our garage. I sat with my legs on the driveway while we drew with the chalk. Maybe some oil from the tractor wheels was on the driveway. Grrrr. But anyway, what I really wanted to tell you was about how I was wide awake for an hour during the middle of the night last night (another side effect) and my mind was trying to race along, but I kept trying to focus, “What will I post for Love Thursday?” Well, because of the racing thoughts, a list of random things came flooding through, not a bad thing! So here’s part of my list.
- How comfy and cool the sheets on my bed feel
- The ceiling fan over our bed set to low, blowing a gentle breeze onto us on a warm summer night
- The sound of my husband’s even, deep breathing in his sleep
- The sound of crickets
- How I can, only when the air is still and clear, hear the sound of a train in the distance. I love that sound.
- The sound of the birds chirping in the early morning
- The smell of my basil and tomato salad. The basil is from my garden. We’ve only got a few small green tomatoes so far, so the tomatoes are from the store.
- My kids picking peas from our garden. We eat them right then and there. No cooking peas for us!
- The curlicue grabbers on the pea plants:
Edited to Add: How could I forget to add one other very special thing that I love?! The Pet Parade!!! The summer edition, brought to you by my sweet blogging friend, ELK of red or gray depends on the day, and I, is coming on July 29th! Get those pets ready for marching!
Go over to chookooloonks for more love!