Monday Memories: The Nineteenth!

July 12th, 2009 · 7 Comments

July 2002 046 cropped

July 2002

I’m remembering summer vacation, 2002!  This photo was taken at Busch Gardens in Virginia.  We loved this little ride.  When we went back to Virginia last summer I wanted us to ride it again, even though my kids aren’t such little ones anymore.  Can you believe this ride is gone?  I wonder if it wasn’t exciting enough.  Today I’m missing the good old days when my kids were little.  In my memories those times were so carefree.  I know that we had our ups and downs then, just like we have now.  Sigh.  I think my hormones have gotten the best of me today.  I’d better turn it over to you now!

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: The Twentieth! Can you believe it?!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 Puna // Jul 13, 2009 at 10:35 am

I was so busy this weekend and didn’t have time to write last night! I’ve never been to Bush Gardens and I’m right down the street. Afraid my kids are too old now…
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Then & Now =-.

• 2 Gayle // Jul 13, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Hi Puna!
    Yeah, last summer mine didn’t enjoy it so much. These kids just grow up too fast!

• 3 Angela // Jul 13, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Oh, I used to LOVE these cars at Busch Gardens…before I could drive! :-) I’m been swamped at work lately, not much extra time or energy for blogging. I hope this will pass quickly!
    ~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..Rewind Wednesday: Bridezilla?? =-.

• 4 Katie in MA // Jul 13, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I already posted today about my girls’ weekend spent happily obsessed with their “new” Barbies. And I thought about expounding on that here…but your memory about those fabulous car rides made me think about my similar fondness for a ride like that. They were miniature fire engines that rain on a track at Whalom Park. We’d go once or twice a summer and my dad would buy passes to the kids’ park for us. Oh, I loved those fire engines! I was convinced that I was really riding them, dodging trees as I wove along the track, twisting and turning back and forth, through two tunnels and back around to the front of the block. It was a pretty elaborate set-up for a little track-ride, looking back. I would get off and run back to get in line. I swear I only rode on other rides because my parents made me. I’m sure they could have just sat down on the park benches with a good book and let me entertain myself all day!

Thanks for making me think of my fire engines… what a wonderful memory!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..This is why I don’t hate Barbies. =-.

• 5 elk // Jul 14, 2009 at 11:02 am

oh I am happy that you snapped that picture since it is gone now….you will have a real driver soon?
    .-= elk´s last blog ..song in the trees =-.

• 6 Monkey's Momma // Jul 15, 2009 at 12:36 pm

I remember those little cars. We had them somewhere around here (maybe Six Flags?).

Probably not exciting enough for today’s youth.
    .-= Monkey’s Momma´s last blog ..Miss Me? =-.

• 7 Diane // Jul 15, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I did a bit of a trip down memory lane last week but I enjoy reading your Monday entries. I remember the little pony rides (real ponies) and I LOVED the little boats with bells on the front that used to glide in water … in a circle just like the ponies. Those were the only 2 rides I ever wanted to go on when I was little. Neither exists anymore :-(
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Camera Slipcovers =-.