More Simple Things!

July 8th, 2009 · 10 Comments

Flower June 2009 041 cropped (Medium)

My simple things list must begin with this:

Scratching your poison ivy rash, I know, I know, but just a little scratch!

This one is from my boys:

Sniffing Timmy, our Parson Russell Terrier

More from me:

Watching Timmy using his paws to arrange his blankie until it’s just right for napping!

Looking at my sweet children sleeping so peacefully on summer mornings.

The scent of honeysuckle in the breeze on a summer evening.

My youngest son and daughter picking berries from the wood-line in our yard. My son says they have a sweet burst of flavor!

Hearing the sounds of guitar coming up the stairs from our playroom when my teen-aged son is playing!

My daughter asking my opinion of her amazing drawings!

My youngest son’s love of the Food Network shows and his excitement for trying out his own recipes!

The taste of Kalamata olives!

Cold, cold iced green tea!

The flickering of candles on the occasional evenings that our power goes out during a storm, and the soft sound of our voices on those nights, too!

The way spell checker on my email program always wants to change to word blogger to logger, cuz, you know, bloggers and loggers are so similar! It makes me smile every time!Β  Oh! My spell check here wanted to change the word bloggers to floggers! heehee!

Go on over to Christina’s for more simple happiness!

Tags: Favorite Things

• 1 Tracy // Jul 8, 2009 at 9:44 am

Oh, please pass me a cold, green tea…yes! Thanks for sharing your fun Simple Things list. I find my way here via Chistina’s event. Happy Day :o)

• 2 mrs. e // Jul 8, 2009 at 10:10 am

I’ll have a glass of tea with you, too! We floggers have to stick together!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Summer Simple Pleasures =-.

• 3 elizabeth // Jul 8, 2009 at 10:31 am

I love watching dogs arrange their bedding (except sometimes because Atlas’ uses my bedding as his bedding and he likes to ball it all in the center of the bed πŸ˜‰

I’ve never tried iced green tea, but it sounds yummy!

I know just how wonderful that scratching is ..

thanks for sharing your list with us!
    .-= elizabeth´s last blog ..simple makes the soul sing =-.

• 4 Shannon // Jul 8, 2009 at 11:19 am

What a lovely list. Enjoy your day, poison ivy and all. Well, maybe not the poison ivy.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..The Awesomeness of Boys =-.

• 5 DesignTies // Jul 8, 2009 at 11:31 am

Hahaha, floggers!! πŸ˜€ Computer spell checkers are NOT the most intuitive!!

I love, love, LOVE the flower picture at the beginning of your post!! The colour is absolutely divine!! You’ve made my eyes very happy :-)

I enjoyed reading your list of simple things. Really, it’s the simple things in life that are the most meaningful :-) I also really enjoy watching our dogs do cute things :-) My hubby just discovered that if you scratch Jackson on his chest in just the right spot, you’ll make his back leg pump up and down. He also gets this really blissful look on his face :-) It’s hilarious to watch, so of course I keep doing it!! πŸ˜€

Keep enjoying the simple things — but don’t scratch too much!! πŸ˜‰

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Welcome to our first Rewind Wednesday!! =-.

• 6 Diane // Jul 8, 2009 at 3:22 pm

that’s a lovely list. I LOVE your photo of the bachelor button. I’ve loved them ever since I was a wee girl.
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Taking Photos of Your Dog / Pet (Rewind Wednesday) =-.

• 7 Christina // Jul 8, 2009 at 9:35 pm

The taste of kalamata olives? Yum! I love them.
    A food network fan huh? How cool is that?!
    I adore that beautiful blue flower.
    xo
    .-= Christina´s last blog ..its simple really ; ) =-.

• 8 Angela // Jul 8, 2009 at 10:02 pm

Someday, I’m bringing you to NC and introducing you to southern sweet ice tea :)
    I love the smell of hot (not sweet)cornbread…and the taste of it with melting butter. Mmm…that’s what I’m craving right now!
    I love the summertime – everything seems to slow down a bit…a time to breathe…except right now during quarter end!
    ~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..Sun, Sand, and Surf =-.

• 9 elk // Jul 9, 2009 at 10:37 am

stop scratching Gayle ; ))) you are simply wonderful!

• 10 sunnymama // Jul 9, 2009 at 3:15 pm

A lovely happy list of simple things, and a beautiful picture :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Playing in the snow (Sepia Scenes) =-.