Summer Mornings

July 2nd, 2009 · 9 Comments

A July morning.  I want to remember this feeling of peace and contentment and love.  In just two short years my oldest son will be preparing to leave for college.  Life will change, as I know it must.  But for now, I just want to savor this morning.  My husband has gone off to work.  My children, both the human and canine varieties are all sleeping.  We (me and the kids) stay up late on summer nights and get up late on summer mornings.  My youngest son loves to have camp-outs on the living room couch.  That’s where he’s sleeping this morning.  When Timmy and I get up in the morning, Timmy joins my son on the couch for more morning napping.  I love to give my two youngest kids a kiss, or a bunch of kisses, to wake them up.  Just a gentle pat on the shoulder for my oldest son.  He’s sixteen and would not appreciate a kiss from his mom to wake him up!  And then they don’t usually get up right away.  They often drift back to their sweet dreams for a while longer.  That’s okay.  It’s a summer morning.

All is quiet for now, my babies, my loves, are safe and sound.

Go on over to chookooloonks for more words and images of love!

Love Thursday egg

Tags: Family · Favorite Things

• 1 Stephanie // Jul 2, 2009 at 11:51 am

Maybe I’m overly emotional today, but this brought tears to my eyes. It is so beautifully written. Thank you for sharing it.

• 2 Christina // Jul 2, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I love this. These mornings really give me so much to be grateful for.
    That heart is just for you. How lovely.
    xo
    .-= Christina´s last blog ..a day through the lens and a friend =-.

• 3 Angela // Jul 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm

This is so sweet! I wish I could have slept in today with my babies (the cats), but alas, I had to come to work. Tomorrow tho – the stock market is closed, and I fully intend to sleep in and snuggle!
    ~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..I’ve been tagged!! =-.

• 4 mrs. e // Jul 2, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Enjoy!! The time sure flies and you are right to hold on tightly to it for now!
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..His Garden Grew Quite Well =-.

• 5 elk // Jul 2, 2009 at 3:03 pm

your words are like a poem today gayle
    happy love thursday
    .-= elk´s last blog ..evening willows =-.

• 6 Katie in MA // Jul 2, 2009 at 5:12 pm

You’ve done the impossible and made mornings sound almost cool. :-)

Happy Love Thursday!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Love picks up where it left off. =-.

• 7 spread your wings // Jul 2, 2009 at 7:50 pm

this is so touching today. do savor these precious summer mornings. i’ve never seen a yolk do like that – i believe it’s just for your this morning.
    HLT Gayle.
    .-= spread your wings´s last blog ..just a day =-.

• 8 Puna // Jul 3, 2009 at 8:26 am

Wow, it sounds wonderful and contentment is waiting! So unlike my world right now…
    .-= Puna´s last blog ..Monstera =-.

• 9 sunnymama // Jul 9, 2009 at 3:26 pm

A really sweet post :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Playing in the snow (Sepia Scenes) =-.