Memories of my childhood summers:
- Hearing the jingling of the ice cream truck’s bells on the next street over and running inside to get money from my mom!
- Staying outside until the street lights came on!
- Poison ivy (which I have right now, it’s not just a memory)
- Going barefoot!
- Running and playing all day and feeling so good and worn out at night!
- The air conditioner in my mom’s bedroom. She turned it on for bedtime if it was really hot and she turned it up really high, so that the room was so cold. I got to sleep in my sleeping bag on the floor of her room on those super hot nights.
- Thunderstorms that scared the heck out of me. We lived on a hill on the top floor of a two family house. My cousin Lisa lived one block up the hill from us, in a four family house. During one of those nighttime storms, her house was struck by lightning and caught fire. It confirmed my fears.
- Every couple of years, one big family cookout at my grandmother’s house (my mom’s mom) that all of the aunts, uncles and cousins came to from all over the country! It was the best! Hot dogs, hamburgers and roasting marshmallows!
- This one is from when I was a little older – The summer of Luke and Laura! (General Hospital)
What are you remembering today? If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky. If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Eighteen!