Monday Memories: The Sixteenth!

June 21st, 2009 · 9 Comments

Gayle 8th grade graduation
Me – 8th Grade Graduation, June 1977

My memories – I loved this skirt, the top, the shoes and the jewelry.  My hair didn’t frizz that day!

(These are the steps I knocked my front teeth partially out on.)

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Seventeen!

Tags: All About Me · Monday Memories

• 1 Puna // Jun 22, 2009 at 6:13 am

I love your outfit! I remember peasant blouses were so “in”!

And I don’t see Mr. Linky! I’ll leave my link here.

• 2 ELK // Jun 22, 2009 at 9:10 am

what a sweet peek into the past…
    .-= ELK´s last blog ..time to bloom =-.

• 3 spread your wings // Jun 22, 2009 at 11:20 am

oh those were the days. my hair was frizzy at that age too. I would sometimes try to iron it on the ironing board (before straighteners)
    i finally have a monday memories in honor of my dad

• 4 maya | springtree road // Jun 22, 2009 at 11:58 am

look at you! so cute!!
    .-= maya | springtree road´s last blog ..My grandparents standing on a bridge somewhere =-.

• 5 DesignTies // Jun 23, 2009 at 10:43 am

I was actually living my Monday Memory yesterday — swimming in the lake at the cottage under a bright blue sky :-) We spent most of the summer at the cottage when I was kid. Then there was a long gap between teenage years and adulthood that I just wasn’t interested. But for the last 8 or 9 years, I’m at the cottage pretty much every weekend all summer long :-) It’s almost like being a kid again, except I won’t go in if the water is too cold 😉

The small mirrors I used for my sunburst mirror project are from Michaels. They come in two kinds of packs — all the same size, or three different sizes. You get about 25 in a bag for $3.49 (Cdn). If you have a 40% off coupon, it’s about $2.50/bag.

Kelly
    .-= DesignTies´s last blog ..Sunburst mirror makeover =-.

• 6 Shannon // Jun 23, 2009 at 2:38 pm

You are so gorgeous! And the outfit, already back in style!!
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Fridays are for Shopping =-.

• 7 Se'Lah // Jun 23, 2009 at 4:35 pm

I’m so impressed that you have all these photos to share from your past. It’s such a wonderful surprise every Monday to see what you have in store.
    .-= Se’Lah´s last blog ..even on the rainiest of days… =-.

• 8 Monkey's Momma // Jun 25, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I think I had a blouse like that too!

• 9 sunnymama // Jun 26, 2009 at 10:45 pm

This is a great picture and your memories come to life for us with the little details you describe :)
    .-= sunnymama´s last blog ..Babylegs =-.