Love Thursday in Mid-June

June 18th, 2009 · 10 Comments

Here are some things I’m lovin’  this week!

Flower buds

Buds ready to burst open

June 2009 054 (Medium)

Assorted Lettuce

June 2009 046 (Medium)

Rainbow cookies!  These are so good.  They are expensive so we usually only buy them when somebody requests them for their birthday, and we get a small tin of them at Christmastime.  My teenaged son is in the midst of finals at school and he came food shopping with me yesterday.  He’s always saying, “I’m hungry.  There’s nothing to eat.”   I decided that he should pick out some food and this is one thing he picked.  I think working hard earns him (and the rest of us!) a cookie!

Happy Love Thursday!  Go on over to chookooloonks and see more love!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things · gardening · Photography

• 1 Katie in MA // Jun 18, 2009 at 11:21 am

I don’t know what looks prettier – the top pic of the purple flowers or the cookies!! Love that you’re rewarding his hard work and study habits. My sister and I started sending care packages to each other during college and the tradition carries on!

Happy Love Thursday!
    .-= Katie in MA´s last blog ..Love grows up. =-.

• 2 Marie // Jun 18, 2009 at 11:31 am

Mmmm…. that lettuce looks so good!!!! (Yes I’m a freak and prefer a good mesclun mix to a chocolate cookie…)
    Happy Love Thursday!
    .-= Marie´s last blog ..Love Thursday: For Dad =-.

• 3 mrs. e // Jun 18, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I have never seen those cookies! What are they? Purple flowers and lettuce look good, too. Its just that nothing looks better than a cookie!! ; )
    .-= mrs. e´s last blog ..Yes, I Have a Sweet Tooth =-.

• 4 elk // Jun 18, 2009 at 2:52 pm

your lettuce looks ALMOST as good as that cookie…tee hee HLT!

• 5 spread your wings // Jun 18, 2009 at 4:22 pm

greens, yellows and pinks all around. the cookie however looks most delicious to me. yum. i say your son definitely deserves it.

• 6 margie // Jun 18, 2009 at 5:11 pm

beautiful photos. those cookies wouldn’t last a second with my gang of “i’m hungry, there’s nothing to eat” people. hlt.
    .-= margie´s last blog ..the heart – love thursday =-.

• 7 Stephanie // Jun 19, 2009 at 12:19 am

I’ve never had a rainbow cookie. Why have I never had a rainbow cookie? They look amazing!

• 8 Angela @ PeonyPatch // Jun 19, 2009 at 8:41 am

Rainbow cookie? I’ve never had one of these, but they sure do look DELISH!!!

~angela @ peonypatch
    .-= Angela @ PeonyPatch´s last blog ..Things I Love Thursdays: Aprons =-.

• 9 Diane // Jun 19, 2009 at 11:47 am

I’ve never seen these rainbow cookies before but your photo of them is absolutely stunningly perfect!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..A Different Perspective =-.

• 10 Some Books, A Cookie and Sun Flare // Jun 19, 2009 at 1:46 pm