I often think about how quickly my kids are growing up. This is my sixteen year old son! I’m remembering his little pudgy baby arms and legs and his sweet toothless smile. I’m remembering how sweet it was to nurse him. His first solid food was bananas at six months old. I felt sad to give it to him because I knew that was the beginning of the end of breastfeeding. I’m remembering his first attempts at crawling that so quickly turned into walking while holding on to my hand, to running on his own! His happiness when we told him we were going to have another baby (my daughter)! His reply to us when we told him we were going to have another baby, “Oh, no!”. His beginning pre-school at four years old just a few weeks before his baby brother was born. How did he so quickly turn into a young man with a deep voice, who plays Stairway to Heaven beautifully on his guitar, who wears almost exclusively black tee shirts with a band name on them and jeans, who in one week will finish 10th grade, who receives all kinds of mail from colleges, who in September will begin 11th grade taking all honors and AP classes? How did this happen in the blink of an eye? I don’t know how it happened so quickly, but I am so happy and proud of the man he is becoming. And you know what? He’ll always be my baby, my lovebug.
What are you remembering today? If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky. If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! (If Mr. Linky isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section. He’s been acting up lately!) Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Fifteen!