Monday Memories: The Fourteenth!

June 7th, 2009 · 12 Comments

October 1993

October 1993

I often think about how quickly my kids are growing up.  This is my sixteen year old son!  I’m remembering his little pudgy baby arms and legs and his sweet toothless smile.  I’m remembering how sweet it was to nurse him.  His first solid food was bananas at six months old.  I felt sad to give it to him because I knew that was the beginning of the end of breastfeeding.   I’m remembering his first attempts at crawling that so quickly turned into walking while holding on to my hand, to running on his own!  His happiness when we told him we were going to have another baby (my daughter)!  His reply to us when we told him we were going to have another baby, “Oh, no!”.  His beginning pre-school at four years old just a few weeks before his baby brother was born.  How did he so quickly turn into a young man with a deep voice, who plays Stairway to Heaven beautifully on his guitar, who wears almost exclusively black tee shirts with a band name on them and jeans, who in one week will finish 10th grade, who receives all kinds of mail from colleges, who in September will begin 11th grade taking all honors and AP classes?  How did this happen in the blink of an eye?  I don’t know how it happened so quickly, but I am so happy and proud of the man he is becoming.  And you know what?  He’ll always be my baby, my lovebug.

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  (If Mr. Linky  isn’t working, you can put your link in the comments section.  He’s been acting up lately!)  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Fifteen!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 sunnymama // Jun 7, 2009 at 9:38 pm

He was such a cutie! I’m sure he still is :)

• 2 Gayle // Jun 7, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Hi sunnymama!
    Thank you!

• 3 elk // Jun 8, 2009 at 12:08 am

what a sweet crazy smile…now a guitarist …smart too! congratulations on the great job you are doing Gayle…I am nor sure my post is a memory but it is a swap to celebrate a year of blogging…

elk’s last blog post..one year

• 4 Puna // Jun 8, 2009 at 6:44 am

Once again Gayle, thank you!

Puna’s last blog post..The Aloha Times

• 5 Gayle // Jun 8, 2009 at 8:49 am

Hi elk!
    Wow! Congratulations of your blog anniversary!

Hi Puna!
    I sure can’t blame you for missing Hawaii!

• 6 Maya // Jun 8, 2009 at 9:53 am

I don’t have kids of my own but saw my niece grow up…, from taking her to walks as a baby to meeting up with her when I was in Switzerland a few weeks ago as an adult, expecting her second child! It was surreal, especially since I hadn’t seen her for nine hears…., what I haven’t seen my familiy for that long (how did that happen!!!)

Maya’s last blog post..Unique Coastal Homes

• 7 Gayle // Jun 8, 2009 at 10:06 am

Hi Maya!
    It really is shocking when you don’t see someone’s child for a while and then when you seen them, they’re all grown up!

• 8 donna // Jun 8, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I know just what you mean Gayle…it seems to go by in a flash. But when I look back to the time when my kids were little babies I remember that some of those early years were “hard” years…no money, driving a beater car, little to no sleep…and yet we consider them some of the best years of our lives. Its so nice to sit back and cherish those times and realize you did a good job as a parent.
    -d

• 9 Monkey's Momma // Jun 8, 2009 at 10:25 pm

I think there is a country song that goes “you’re gonna miss this”. That is so true. I have a six year old that is growing up so fast I can’t believe it!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Ugghhh!!!

• 10 Se'Lah // Jun 9, 2009 at 5:30 am

What a cute baby photo! They do grow up fast, too fast. I love having these peeks into your life. Thanks for sharing.

Se’Lah’s last blog post..wall art…

• 11 spread your wings // Jun 9, 2009 at 9:56 pm

what a sweet smile – so full of life and wonder.
    the time passes much too quickly it seems.
    He sounds like an outstanding young man – i know you’re proud.

spread your wings’s last blog post..jot it down / take note

• 12 Smiling Ice Cream Scoop // Jun 12, 2009 at 9:43 am