A Friday Reflection List

June 5th, 2009 · 10 Comments

Reflection

• It’s raining, again.  I’m reeeeally tired of rain.
  • I got my hair colored yesterday. It’s way too dark. I think I look like the wicked witch.
  • All Timmy and Polly want to do today is nap.
  • I have to clean house.  Where does all this dust come from?
  • I have to do computer work for my hubby.  I like sitting at the computer for fun stuff, not for bookkeeping stuff.
  • I told my two youngest kids I might pick them up from school today, but I don’t want people to see my black witch hair.
  • As I was about to brush teeth last night a big, hideously ugly bug ran across the bathroom floor. I got it, thank goodness. If I hadn’t, I would have been sure it would find it’s way to me again.
  • My horoscope said a boss or co-worker (guess that’s my husband) would suddenly turn on me today and I should keep my mouth shut.  I’ll try, but that’s not so easy.

And looking from the other side:

• It’s raining! Yay for the plants!   Everything will be green and lush!
  • My hair, it’s too dark.  At least the gray can’t show through all this darkness!
  • Timmy and Polly will be the best rested dogs in town!
  • My house will be clean!
  • The computer work won’t be hanging over my head on the weekend!
  • Ummm, I still don’t want people to see my witch hair.
  • I got the bug, it didn’t get me!
  • I can keep my mouth shut, right?
  • You know the best thing? I can think of so many more things to add to this good side of the list!  But, I really need to get cleaning!

Happy Friday!

Tags: All About Me

• 1 Shalet // Jun 5, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Hey – what a great opportunity to try out some new hats and scarves!

• 2 Puna // Jun 5, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Oh Gayle, you are too funny. Can we see a photo of your hair? I’m sure it’s not as bad as you say. Take a break in between work and check out your friends’ blogs on the internet. That’s what I do at work…shhhh.

Happy weekend.

Puna’s last blog post..The Nikon D700

• 3 elk // Jun 5, 2009 at 7:23 pm

second set of reflections much better! when is school out?

elk’s last blog post..blue heart

• 4 Se'Lah // Jun 6, 2009 at 7:47 am

LOL…laughing with you. I am sure you don’t look like a witch…maybe the good witch 😉

enjoy your weekend…sending you some sunshine.

one love sis.

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Conscious Friday: Women of Darfur…

• 5 Angela // Jun 6, 2009 at 7:51 am

This is a GREAT post!!
    ~angela @ peonypatch

Angela’s last blog post..St. Thomas, USVI

• 6 donna // Jun 6, 2009 at 10:53 am

Yay for you…..looking on the bright side is such a great way of getting perspective on life isn’t it. And your bug killing skills are VERY impressive.

donna’s last blog post..VP

• 7 DesignTies // Jun 6, 2009 at 11:59 pm

OMG — the exact same bug thing happened to me last night!!!! And it was the exact same horrific bug as the one you saw!! And it came from behind my toothbrush holder while I was brushing my teeth!! And it was huge. And I have a MAJOR house centipede phobia. So unlike you, I ran through the house screaming till my hubby came down from the loft laughing and I made him go kill it. Only he didn’t kill it. He picked it up in a Kleenex and put it into the garden!!

Ick. I’m still shuddering from looking at the picture in the link you posted!!!!

But on a happier note — good to see that you’re looking on the positive side of things :-)

And cool picture at the top of your post :-)

And yes, it would be wonderful if we had computer programs that would build everything for us — and kill icky bugs too!! 😉

Kelly

DesignTies’s last blog post..DesignTies welcomes “The King of Colour”, Jamie Drake

• 8 Stephanie // Jun 7, 2009 at 2:54 pm

I know I’m late, but I love this post! It’s so easy to just be negative and complain… I love that you took the time to see it from both sides! And I’m sure you do not have “black witch hair” although I was totally laughing at that comment. (Can you believe I actually used to dye my hair black? And I am extraordinarily pale, so, yeah… that was a sight. I’m much happier with my plain brown hair.)

Hope you are having/have had a wonderful weekend!

• 9 vchelle // Jun 7, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oh, I’m sure you don’t look like a witch! LOL! The bright side is always the side that we can appreciate more because we can find soooo many things that are bright if we just focus on that. As Stephanie said, I’m glad you mentioned the brighter side!!!

vchelle’s last blog post..Conscious Friday: Women of Darfur

• 10 sunnymama // Jun 7, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I really love the picture and the second list is great! Hope you got all the cleaning done you wanted to do :)

sunnymama’s last blog post..A festival and a visit to the US