Love Thursday: Wild Roses!

June 4th, 2009 · 10 Comments

wild-roses-june-4-2009-009

*Photo taken with my old point and shoot, because I forgot to charge the battery in my other camera!

The air around here is filled with the scent of wild roses!  They are blooming along the roads among the brush and the weeds.  Every year the scent brings me back to June, 1985. So much excitement!

• Twenty-two years old, getting the final fitting for my wedding dress.
  • Making last minute arrangements with the florist and the caterer.
  • Having our last pre-wedding meetings with our minister.
  • Planning the rehearsal dinner.
  • Having a surprise bridal shower given by the people that I worked with.  It was a total surprise!
  • Listening to Don’t You (Forget About Me) on the radio
  • My mom moving out of the house I grew up in.  (This one I wasn’t so happy about.)
  • Feeling like my whole life was in front of me!

These are my good memories on a Love Thursday in June!

Tags: All About Me · Favorite Things · Home & Garden

• 1 Shalet // Jun 4, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Those are excellent memories! Happy Love Thursday!

Shalet’s last blog post..Opening Day at the Farmer’s Market!

• 2 elk // Jun 4, 2009 at 5:08 pm

such memories…so young we were… and a lovely bouquet with special shadows…Happy Love Thursday!

I read on another blog you are coming to Texas??

• 3 Kim Andersen // Jun 4, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Happy Anniversary! I’m always amazed at how fragrances are such huge memory stirrers. The heat we’ve been having where I live, is making all the trees and their bark smell a certain way – I just can’t put my finger on it ….

HLT!

Kim Andersen’s last blog post..The Beach

• 4 Cam // Jun 4, 2009 at 6:28 pm

It is funny how quickly a scent can transport us right down Memory Lane! And, how strong & lucid those memories are!!

In June 1985, I had just graduated Kindergarten! True Story!

Happy Love Thursday!

Cam’s last blog post..{love thursday}

• 5 mrs. e // Jun 4, 2009 at 8:02 pm

The sense of smell is the strongest trigger of memories for me! (However, a song does well in a pinch!) What an exciting time for you. I think I was hanging out at the pool with a couple of toddlers!

mrs. e’s last blog post..Summer Job

• 6 Se'Lah // Jun 4, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Now you have that song stuck in my head :)

I absolutely love your photo…the shadow, the colour, everything.

Beautiful!

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Conscious Friday: Women of Darfur…

• 7 spread your wings // Jun 4, 2009 at 8:41 pm

scents can sure take us back can’t they?
    Happy Anniversary!

i like the strong shadow in this photo.

spread your wings’s last blog post..flutter / flicker

• 8 Katie in MA // Jun 5, 2009 at 11:05 am

Happy Anniversary! Such happy memories…and beautiful flowers. I’m loving those lilacs.

Katie in MA’s last blog post..The If Question in which you are some thing.

• 9 vchelle // Jun 7, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Well that took me down memory lane! June 1985, I was 19 years old… I was partying (and I don’t mean drugs) to Prince’s “1999” at Schnley Park in Pittsburgh, PA, my hometown. I was dancing and singing to Prince dressed like Madonna!!! The eighties were something else!

vchelle’s last blog post..Conscious Friday: Women of Darfur

• 10 sunnymama // Jun 7, 2009 at 9:45 pm

The flowers are so very pretty, and your memories are wonderful. A happy belated love thursday :)

sunnymama’s last blog post..A festival and a visit to the US