Love and Fruit

May 28th, 2009 · 14 Comments

My youngest son occasionally experiments with photography.  Last night he asked to borrow my camera for a while.  He took it and disappeared.  He came back a little later and asked me to transfer the photos to the computer.  I had no idea what he had been photographing and it felt like a wonderful mystery as I prepared to transfer the photos!  It turns out he had been arranging our fruit and taking all kinds of shots of it.  I can not tell you how joyful this makes me!  My youngest child (he is eleven) who can be such a tough guy, finding his artistic voice!  Here are a couple of his shots.

fruit-5-27-09-001-small1

fruit-5-27-09-004-small

Later I kissed him and told him that I loved his shots and how happy his interest in photography makes me.  This kid can push my buttons and drive me up a wall like nobody can, but boy, oh, boy, do I love him!

See more stories and images of love at chookooloonks!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things · Photography

• 1 DesignTies // May 28, 2009 at 11:20 am

Nice :-) I really like the second picture, with the apple in the front of the bowl. I wonder how much time he spent getting the fruits positioned just right!!

You may have an artist in the making there!! :-)

Kelly

DesignTies’s last blog post..Weeehooo!!!!! Time for a new kitchen!!!

• 2 Gayle // May 28, 2009 at 11:47 am

Hi Kelly!

Thanks! He had the camera for a while, so I think he really thought about his positioning. He took more photos than this, but these were two of my favorites!

• 3 Stephanie // May 28, 2009 at 12:26 pm

That is so cute!

• 4 Puna // May 28, 2009 at 12:33 pm

I think you have a budding artist on your hands!

• 5 maya | springtree road // May 28, 2009 at 12:57 pm

yay! that’s very cool. :) and he did a good job too.

maya | springtree road’s last blog post..wE lOVE tHE cHAOs

• 6 Sara // May 28, 2009 at 2:53 pm

How fun! I’m always surprised when my kids show me this side of them. I know if one of mine asked for my camera, (after I made a bazillion admonitions to BE CAREFUL WITH MY CAMERA!) I’d be thrilled to see what they came up with.

Sara’s last blog post..Love Thursday: A Faithful Companion

• 7 elk // May 28, 2009 at 5:00 pm

oh these are really nice …you should be proud gayle!

elk’s last blog post..journey

• 8 mrs. e // May 28, 2009 at 8:25 pm

I like his eye!! It is genetic!!

mrs. e’s last blog post..Irony or Just Bizarre

• 9 Shannon // May 29, 2009 at 11:25 am

Yep, he is definitely his mother’s son!! I love it!

Shannon’s last blog post..Maybe the One

• 10 Kath // May 29, 2009 at 12:50 pm

I am more than a little jealous of his talent! Congratulations and isn’t lovely when someone you love with all your heart manages to surprise you and you love them just a little bit more!
    Happy Belated Love Thursday or Friday or everyday!

Kath’s last blog post..island hopping

• 11 donna // May 29, 2009 at 1:29 pm

WEll that just goes to show there’s a little artist inside everyone. Happy Friday :-)

donna’s last blog post..Memorial Day

• 12 Se'Lah // May 29, 2009 at 5:35 pm

these are quite nice.

wow…you should be proud!

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Conscious Friday: contemplation…

• 13 spread your wings // May 29, 2009 at 9:15 pm

oh this made me smile – to think of your young boy going about taking these photos all on his own accord. i know it makes you very proud. seems he has a gentle and thoughtful side to place the fruit just so.

spread your wings’s last blog post..summer greens

• 14 sunnymama // May 30, 2009 at 9:10 pm

They’re really good! I especially love the second picture, and I like what you wrote about them and your son too :)

sunnymama’s last blog post..Shadow Shots