Sweet May

May 21st, 2009 · 10 Comments

lily-of-the-valley-5-17-09-004-cropped

May is when the Lily of The Valley plant flowers here.  It carries such sweet memories for me.

May.  It was finally warming up.  Playing at my grandmother’s house when I was little.  My mom and her mom talking about what plants were flowering and planning what annuals to buy.  An entire flower bed next to Nana’s house filled with Lily of The Valley.  Their sweet, delicate scent filled the air!

Happy Love Thursday!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things

• 1 Cindy // May 21, 2009 at 9:44 am

Those are so delicate. I’m afraid that I am a black thumb of death to all plants. The one I still have alive is only that way because we ignore each other.

Happy Love Thursday to you too!

Cindy’s last blog post..LOVE THURSDAY: COMBINING LOVES

• 2 Heather // May 21, 2009 at 10:22 am

I love when photos evoke memories. Just the other day someone posted a photo of a tiny purple flower that reminded me of ones we had growing up. Love this post and photo!

Heather’s last blog post..love thursday: bob, nancy and the zoo edition

• 3 Diane // May 21, 2009 at 11:27 am

I too love Lily of the Valley: the little bell flowers, their intense and sweet fragrance, and the memories too. What a delightful post. Ours don’t come up until June.

• 4 elk // May 21, 2009 at 4:29 pm

this is an amazing shot…happy love thursday among the lily of the valley

elk’s last blog post..scraps of love

• 5 spread your wings // May 21, 2009 at 4:38 pm

aren’t the flowers so delicate and cute? they smell so sweet
    ours have already bloomed and gone.

• 6 margie // May 21, 2009 at 8:44 pm

smells like my grandmother over there. she always smelled like lily of the valley, muguet de bois.

margie’s last blog post..give heart – love thursday

• 7 vchelle // May 21, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Don’t think I’ve ever smelled them or maybe I have and didn’t know what I was smelling! They are beautiful and now I’m on a mssion to smell them..LOL! Happy Love Thursday!

vchelle’s last blog post..You are not alone…

• 8 Liz // May 22, 2009 at 11:03 am

BEAUTIFUL photo. Such a pretty flower.

Liz’s last blog post..Anthropologie Thank You & Rosemary

• 9 sunnymama // May 22, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Mmm, I can almost smell them!

sunnymama’s last blog post..Play Nice (Conscious Friday)

• 10 Monkey's Momma // May 22, 2009 at 5:48 pm

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..I Lost My Job!