Monday Memories: The Tenth?!

May 10th, 2009 · 18 Comments

Is this really the 10th week of Monday Memories?  Time really does fly!  My memories this week are of one year ago this month.  I went back to my May 2008 picture folder and this is what things looked like last year at this time:

Miniature Lilac Bush

Miniature Lilac Bush

So far the lilac and the rhododendron are not flowering this year.  Can’t wait to see their beauty when they do!

Rhodydenron

Rhododendron

Wishing Well

Wishing Well in it's May 2008 spot

Do you remember my wishing well? This was it’s orginal location. I loved how it looked in this spot.

Remember that it got moved, and happily not destroyed?   Here is the current location of the wishing well.  The lighting is all wrong for it here.  It is just not as photogenic!

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Eleven!

Tags: Home & Garden · Monday Memories

• 1 Lailani // May 10, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Lilac Bushes!!!!! When I was a child, we lived in Denver and there were two very large (well, I was a kid so they seemed very large) lilac bushes and they smelled so wonderful when in bloom. They were close enough together, we would clothes pin a sheet to each and have a tent. I miss lilacs :( I still really like your wishing well.

Smiles!

Lailani’s last blog post..Memory Monday – Those We Meet Along The Way

• 2 Gayle // May 11, 2009 at 8:15 am

Hi Lailani!
    Thank you for kicking things off and for sharing your lilac memories in the comments, too! I love the smell of lilacs also. I look forward to their blooming each spring.

• 3 Kim @ Everything Etsy // May 11, 2009 at 8:42 am

I love the idea of looking at the photos from the same month a year ago.

The wishing well would look great in any spot. I love it! I’m sure you were so nervous while they moved it.

~Kim

Kim @ Everything Etsy’s last blog post..Supplier Spotlight – Down Shadow Lane {Fabric Giveaway!}

• 4 Angela’s Peony Patch » Blog Archive » Monday Memories: Grand Canyon // May 11, 2009 at 12:58 pm

[…] sure to check out Monday Memories over at Gayle’s Planet M […]

• 5 Gayle // May 11, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Hi Kim!
    I was! I really thought it would break apart!

• 6 Se'Lah // May 11, 2009 at 3:21 pm

The wishing well’s old spot was very photogenic…quaintly beautiful.

This Spring will come…and your lilacs will be blooming in no time.

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Inspirational Monday: A few finds…

• 7 donna // May 11, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Hmmmm…made its early dementia but all I can remember from this time last year is being a year younger :-)

donna’s last blog post..Happy Mothers Day

• 8 Gayle // May 11, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Hi Se’Lah!
    It was, wasn’t it? I can almost smell the lilacs in my memory!

Hi donna!
    Me, too! That’s why I need to take lots of photos, to see what it was like!

• 9 SandySmile // May 11, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I left a link to my Monday Memories that show pics of my 3 boys back around the year 2000 with their cousins. Then, I put a very recent picture of them all. They have all grown so much!

And, I love your wishing well…wherever it sits, although it would look even better in my backyard!

SandySmile’s last blog post..Monday Memories: Crazy Cousins

• 10 Anne Marie // May 12, 2009 at 12:01 am

I love the color purple. I guess I’m getting old (referring to that poem about being an old lady and wearing purple).

• 11 elk // May 12, 2009 at 7:44 am

gayle! i started following your blog with this post of the wishing well…how amazing it has been a a year my friend!

elk

• 12 Liz // May 12, 2009 at 11:11 am

Oh how I wish I had some lilac bushes in my yard!

Liz’s last blog post..Ava & Charlie, Part IV

• 13 Diane // May 12, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I’m anxiously waiting for my lilacs. It snowed last night and has been all day today so I hope those fat buds don’t get frozen. I’ve been watching the buds get fatter and fatter — should burst into leaves within the week!
    I love your wishing well.

Diane’s last blog post..Technologically Challenged

• 14 Puna // May 13, 2009 at 7:02 am

I’m late to the party! I linked my brother…who I don’t see very often but who my kids really love.

• 15 Gayle // May 13, 2009 at 8:02 am

Hi SandySmile!
    Haha. Can you believe my husband wanted to break it up for firewood?!

Hi Anne Marie!
    I like purple in flowers, but not so much in clothes!

Hi elk!
    How cool!

Hi Liz!
    Oh, yes, they smell and look so wonderful!

Hi Diane,
    Snow? Ugh. I know I have said this before, but I don’t know how you survive a Canadian winter!

Hi Puna!
    What a cool glimpse into your life last year!

• 16 Rachel // May 16, 2009 at 3:19 am

I love lilacs!!! That was actually one of my favorite memories as a kid. On a super warm spring night, having the window open right above my bed and the smell of the neighbor’s lilacs wafting in on the breeze as I feel asleep. That’s one of the things I miss most about home, but the neighbor here has a lilac bush so it’s kind of like home sometimes…

• 17 Rachel // May 16, 2009 at 3:20 am

P.S. Our rhododendrons have bloomed! They bloomed a week ago. Beautiful!

• 18 Monkey's Momma // May 18, 2009 at 8:54 pm

So I read all your wishing well posts and I am glad that you didn’t let your hubby get rid of it. It has way too much character!!!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Living or Dead: Who Would You Like To Meet?