Monday Memories: The Seventh!

April 19th, 2009 · 14 Comments

february-1993

Me, my husband and Bart – February 1993, one week before our first child was born!

Short and sweet memories from me this time!

• February, 1993, one week before our first child was born.
  • Finished with childbirth class already.
  • Don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl.  Didn’t want to find out.
  • Can’t drive because when I sit far enough away from the steering wheel for my belly to fit, my feet don’t reach the pedals.
  • On a dull diet for gestational diabetes.
  • Testing blood sugar three times a day, every other day.
  • Doing yoga exercises  to make labor and delivery easier.
  • Get up a couple of times a night to use the bathroom. Our house is tiny and it’s hard for me to squeeze between the bed and the dresser to get to the bathroom.
  • Bart is our baby for now.
  • Crib is ready. Bassinet is ready. Changing table/dresser is ready.  All baby clothes are washed, in Dreft, and put away in the dresser.
  • Anxious, nervous, excited, elated, worried, exhilarated, tired, joyous!

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Eight!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories · Pets

• 1 mrs. e // Apr 19, 2009 at 10:30 pm

This is a blog post from awhile back. It has been on my mind again lately.

mrs. e’s last blog post..Big Night in the Small Town

• 2 Stephanie // Apr 19, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Great memories and what a cute picture!

Stephanie’s last blog post..Florentines

• 3 Se'Lah // Apr 20, 2009 at 8:20 am

what wonderful memories. you surely don’t look like you were ready to deliver…what a nice family photo.

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Inspirational Monday: Treasures…

• 4 Gayle // Apr 20, 2009 at 11:56 am

Hi mrs. e!
    Thank you for kicking it off today!

Hi Stephanie!
    Thanks!

Hi Se’Lah,
    Thank you!

• 5 vchelle // Apr 20, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Sweet photo of your, then, family! Hey, I’m impressed you were able to get on your knees…LOL! I guess Yoga did help.. I couldn’t move not alone get on my knees.

I remember my husband having this great idea to stop at the GROCERY STORE on the way home after a long day of being out on my feet 7 months pregnant. I hate the grocery store when my stomach jiggles, but I certainly hated it when my little one kicked and turned and my stomach being hard as a rock.

I spotted the little motor cart that someone left in the middle of the aisle. I was sooo thankful for that cart.. I could hardly walk. My husband laughed LOUD and I said, “Be careful, I will run you ass over!” He laughed harder…

Thanks for letting me leave my long comments!

vchelle’s last blog post..Inspirational Monday: Barbara

• 6 Gayle // Apr 20, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Hi vchelle!
    That is so funny! These husbands have no clue what it is like to be pregnant!

• 7 shelli // Apr 20, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I love the photo. You don’t look pregnant!!

I don’t have time to put anything on my blog, but since I’m pregnant now, I’m often remembering my first pregnancy and especially the natural labor! And it’s making me dread this one coming up!!! ha.

• 8 Angela’s Peony Patch » Blog Archive » Monday Memories // Apr 20, 2009 at 5:08 pm

[…] on over to Gayle’s Monday Memories Party to see what others are remembering today…unlike me who just likes to make up memories […]

• 9 Angela // Apr 20, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I hope I look like you when I’m 9 months prego!! You look great! Great picture!
    ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Monday Memories

• 10 Gayle // Apr 20, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Hi shelli!
    I think it will be quicker and easier this time around! Try not to dread it.

Hi Angela!
    Thanks!

• 11 Kim@ Forever Wherever // Apr 20, 2009 at 11:00 pm

I can’t believe how great you looks being so pregnant! I looked like the Stay Puff marshmallow guy! I had Toxemia and blew up bigger than I thought I could go! Ahhhhh….what memories! We had a dog that was our “baby” then too. I even had the same hair stype as you! LOL!

~Kim

Kim@ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Daily Thanks – Small Things

• 12 Liz // Apr 21, 2009 at 12:52 pm

What a cute pregnant lady you make. :)

Liz’s last blog post..Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is, Or Something Like That

• 13 Lailani // Apr 21, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Great picture – so happy – and you know? You don’t look big enough to have been a week away!!

Sorry I did not play this week – things were out of sorts. Catch ya next week!

Smiles!

Lailani’s last blog post..

• 14 Gayle // Apr 21, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Hi Kim!
    That hair looks so funny now, doesn’t it?! Toxemia must have been scary. A cousin of mine had high blood pressure during her second pregnancy and had to have a c-section five weeks before her due date. Thank goodness everything was fine after delivery.

Hi Liz!
    Thank you!

Hi Lailani!
    I guess I didn’t get very big with my first. With my third, I was so big two months from my due date I was embarrassed to tell people I was 2 months away from delivery!