This Friday I Am Thankful for…

April 17th, 2009 · 20 Comments

4-17-09-outside-002-cropped-small

The joyfulness of dogs, courtesy of Polly

4-17-09-outside-001-small

Children that work on making a home for a frog named Bentley (who just so happens to actually be a toad!)

4-17-09-outside-014-smallTexture and sunshine

4-17-09-outside-022-small

The dog that these legs belong to

4-17-09-outside-024-small

Life!

Does anyone know what this flower is?  It comes up every year.  I didn’t plant it, but I think it might come from a bulb.

Happy Friday!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things · Home & Garden · Pets

• 1 maya | springtree road // Apr 17, 2009 at 11:40 am

i wish i knew what kind of flower that is. i’m sure someone knows. :)

love the dog legs!

maya | springtree road’s last blog post..Things I saw on the road today

• 2 Gayle // Apr 17, 2009 at 11:46 am

Hi maya!
    I’m hoping someone can tell me! Thanks!

• 3 laura-dolcepics // Apr 17, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Sorry, I’m no green thumb so I can’t help you there. But that texture photo of the wood… just WOW!

laura-dolcepics’s last blog post..Found

• 4 lmerie // Apr 17, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Fun post – love the views/photos :)

lmerie’s last blog post..Watch It Wiggle . . .

• 5 Se'Lah // Apr 17, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Has Bentley made any noises yet? 😉

How sweet that they are making a home for HIM, is it? LOL

• 6 shelli // Apr 17, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Sorry – I don’t know the name of that flower either! Sure is pretty though! I love the doggy picture licking his tongue.

• 7 elk // Apr 17, 2009 at 3:30 pm

not sure about the flower ….but I am sure of the HAPPINESS in this post…great moments one and all!…lets do a “dog post” soon…like everyone post a pic of dog on a certain day? or something?

elk’s last blog post..here I sit

• 8 Diane // Apr 17, 2009 at 4:24 pm

The flower is called a scilla, sometimes referred to as arctic scilla though it’s native to Italy. They are tiny little bulbs and should reproduce each year.

I love all these photos btw. I’m especially smitten with both of your dog (love the perspective on the one of his legs), and that great one showing the texture of the wood.

Have a great weekend!

Diane’s last blog post..Shutter Sisters Asked the Questions

• 9 spread your wings // Apr 17, 2009 at 4:27 pm

i think the tiny flower might be scilla. i have some too. They’re very easy to divide and transplant.

spread your wings’s last blog post..spring blooms

• 10 Suzy // Apr 17, 2009 at 6:45 pm

I have some of those scilla too! Love them. they seem to pop up all over. Like the pics….
    Happy Friday and Thanks for the visit!
    Suzy

Suzy’s last blog post..Greek Architecture

• 11 Gayle // Apr 17, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Hi Laura!
    Thank you! That piece of wood is so cool, I want to bring it inside and keep it!

Hi lmerie!
    Thank you!

Hi Se’Lah!
    No noises from Bentley yet. We think he/she is a she! We haven’t seen her for a week. I hope she didn’t move out!

Hi shelli!
    Polly can look very silly sometimes!

Hi elk!
    That is a great idea! I’ll email you!

Hi Diane!
    Yay! Thank you for letting me know what it is and thank you for the compliments!

Hi spread your wings!
    I’m so glad to know what this is! It is such a pretty flower.

Hi Suzy!
    For now I just have the one plant. I would love to have them popping up all over! Thank you!

• 12 Maya // Apr 17, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I love that first shot! Cool, someone knew what flower that was. I’m not good with names, any names really.

Maya’s last blog post..Beach Gear

• 13 Gayle // Apr 17, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Hi Maya!

Thank you! I’m not good with names of plants. I forget them easily!

• 14 tracey // Apr 17, 2009 at 11:39 pm

so full of joy! very nice!

• 15 DesignTies // Apr 18, 2009 at 8:56 am

I love this post!! I just did a “What’s your happy??” post on Thursday, and it’s all about how my dogs make me happy :-) Gotta love dogs!! :-)

The picture of the wood & sunshine is amazing.

I hope your toad comes back!!

If you go ahead with the elk’s idea for a “dog post” day, please let me know — I’d love to participate :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

DesignTies’s last blog post..Meet Ron Burns…

• 16 Gayle // Apr 19, 2009 at 10:43 am

Hi tracey!
    Thank you!

Hi Kelly!
    Thank you!
    Yes, we still haven’t seen the toad again. I have a feeling she moved out!
    Will will definitely be doing a dog post day! I’ll let you know when soon!

• 17 sunnymama // Apr 19, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I’m very impressed with Bentley the frog/toad’s home!

sunnymama’s last blog post..Green (Inspire Me Thursday)

• 18 vchelle // Apr 20, 2009 at 1:03 pm

I can’t wait to see a photo of Bentley! He does have a cool home. I, too, am thank ful for life and so excited about it!!! You know I love that…

vchelle’s last blog post..Inspirational Monday: Barbara

• 19 Monkey's Momma // Apr 20, 2009 at 2:06 pm

I love the photo of Polly, the ole’ girl!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Surprise Box Contents!

• 20 Gayle // Apr 20, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Hi sunnymama!
    I know! They made quite the luxurious home for Bentley!

Hi vchelle!
    I think Bentley may have moved out! We haven’t seen her/him in a week!

Hi Monkey’s Momma!
    Polly makes some silly faces!