Worry

April 1st, 2009 · 17 Comments

That is what I am right now.  A bundle of worry.  My girl is still not feeling well.  It has gone beyond the itchy allergy-like problem that she was suffering with.  A week and a half ago, after two bouts of the itchies, she started feeling very worn out and was having pain and tiredness in her legs.  The leg discomfort has continued and at this point she cannot walk without leg pain.  It is now centered in her knees and ankles.  She has a very difficult time getting up or down stairs and she has been out of school since last Tuesday.  Our first visit to the doctor was last Wednesday.  He said it’s probably a virus, give it a week.  We went back yesterday with the more specific symptoms of knee and ankle pain.  He took blood and will call me tomorrow with results.  He is testing for arthritis, Lyme disease, mono and he did a cbc.  He said it probably isn’t mono because other than the leg pain, she is feeling well in general.

I’m sorry if this is a boring post.  I just needed to get it out.  My husband is not good with things like this.  I think he avoids stress by pretending that stressful things don’t exist.  So…he doesn’t want to hear my worries and I end up annoyed with him because he is not understanding when I try to talk to him about these things.  I sure do miss my mom at times like this.  I guess no matter how old I get, I will miss my mom when the going gets tough.

mar-28-29-2009-030-small

The grass is finally getting green!

Tags: Family

• 1 Kim@ Forever Wherever // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I can understanding wanting your mom. I’m sure you feel helpless and I will be praying for her.

When I was a teenager I had red bumps appear around my knees and on my legs. Never on my arms or anywhere else. They wouldn’t go away and they hurt when I touched them {and when I made certain movements}, like a bruise {but they were big bumps}. I just remembered this. The doctor said it was some form of childhood arthritis. It would come and go, but they went away I guess. I had them for years on and off. Maybe it’s something like that and it’s rather harmless. Sometimes things look so much worse than they are.

Keep me posted! I’m sure it will all work out fine. They just have to figure out what it is first.

~Kim

Kim@ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Decorating With Love!

• 2 Chocolate and Whine // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Oh, I hope it’s nothing serious and that she starts feeling better soon!

Try to remain calm (you know what it is yet), but, and I hope this doesn’t come across the wrong way because I don’t want to sound like a complete you-know-what, make it clear to your husband that you need to talk and he needs to listen. He doesn’t need to stress and worry along with you, but he should be there as your support with an open ear if you need it.

Just my opinion… You know your relationship much better than I do.

And I hear you on the mom thing. Luckily, I can go to mine whenever I need her. Hearing her voice never fails to bring out the tears.

Good luck!

Stephanie

Chocolate and Whine’s last blog post..Salt in my wounds.

• 3 Chocolate and Whine // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Er, I meant you don’t know what it is yet. It could be nothing and you will have stressed yourself out for no reason at all.

Chocolate and Whine’s last blog post..Salt in my wounds.

• 4 Gayle // Apr 1, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Hi Kim and Stephanie (and also d, whose comment got deleted by me, by mistake!),

Thank you for the comments! I am feeling much better now. It really helped to type out my worries! I’ll let everyone know the results when we get them.

• 5 Shannon // Apr 1, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Oh, how I hate to hear all of this. But don’t feel that you can’t vent on your blog. That is exactly what it is good for. Your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am the same way when it comes to worries. I just can’t seem to get a hold of all the hand wringing. I am fixated on it until it is resolved or I come up with a game plan.

Shannon’s last blog post..Facebook Might Be Good For Something

• 6 spread your wings // Apr 1, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I’ll be praying for you and your daughter. The not knowing is hard I’m sure. I think it’s good that you can get some of your worries and feeling out here.
    Hope all is well soon.

spread your wings’s last blog post..hatch / seek

• 7 Angela // Apr 1, 2009 at 1:36 pm

I pray you get good results tomorrow and that your daughter is feeling like her old self again soon!! If worry solved our problems, I bet we could all move mountains. Thinking of you ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Poetry

• 8 ELK // Apr 1, 2009 at 3:26 pm

gayle

sorry for the waiting
    glad for blog friends
    happy that you shared your concern
    ……
    i will be thinking of you my friend!
    elk

• 9 Jenny Moon // Apr 1, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I have put you and your daughter on my prayer list. She will be feeling as good as new soon, I am sure of it!

Jenny

Jenny Moon’s last blog post..Aprons

• 10 mrs. e // Apr 1, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I was hoping for a minor allergy. Sure hope it ends up being minor, yet. Hang in there!

mrs. e’s last blog post..

• 11 renee @ FIMBY // Apr 1, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Gayle, so sorry to hear your worries, it’s ok to share them on your blog. If you can’t share you heart on your blog -where can you??

renee @ FIMBY’s last blog post..Pruning raspberries and cleaning up my heart

• 12 Jamie // Apr 1, 2009 at 6:15 pm

My thoughts are with you and your daughter. Don’t worry about your posts not being interesting, b/c if someone doesn’t want to read them, then they don’t have to. Take Care…and I mean it!!

Jamie’s last blog post.."It’s been a while…..since" the last time I posted

• 13 lmerie // Apr 1, 2009 at 8:19 pm

:) It is hard not to have things like that settle down on you. I had a virus hit my joints a couple years ago. Quite a scare until the arthritis, lyme test and so on came back negative and the joint pain/stiffness went away. The doctor said everyone gets a virus like this once in their life. I don’t know about that, but glad my once is behind me! Hang in their, blog it out! :)
    Smiles!

lmerie’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Sky of Waves

• 14 Shalet // Apr 2, 2009 at 12:09 am

Oh the waiting and not knowing. I’m sorry for that. Here’s hoping for a benign diagnosis and speedy recovery! Complain away … that’s what friends are for!

Shalet’s last blog post..Young Lady … where have you been?

• 15 Se'Lah // Apr 2, 2009 at 6:17 am

Prayers sent up.

One Love, Se’Lah

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Every day is a gift…

• 16 Monkey's Momma // Apr 2, 2009 at 7:45 am

Go ahead and share your worries on your blog. We won’t judge. We have all been there. I am a worrier too…….and my husband sticks his head in the sand.

Hang in there!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Pray For Stellan!

• 17 diane // Apr 2, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Oh I can understand why you must be worried. I would be too but I’m sure it may turn out to be something minor and will drift away. Has she had any vaccinations prior to feeling this way? Do you have a reputable ND (naturopathic doctor) you can take her to?

I’m sending very positive healthy vibes >>>

diane’s last blog post..Photographing Dogs