Lime Ricky Recipe

March 31st, 2009 · 9 Comments

lime-ricky-3-30-09-008-small

One time when we visited my husband’s older brother and his wife, my sister-in-law served us this drink.  It is wonderfully simple and so refreshing on a hot summer day.  (No, we are not having hot summer days yet.  I’m just daydreaming about them!)

lime-ricky-3-30-09-001-small

Lime Ricky

• 1/6 of a lime
  • about 1/8 cup raspberry syrup
  • about 1-1/3 cups seltzer
  • strawberry optional!

Put it all together in a tall glass and enjoy!

lime-ricky-3-30-09-007-small

Oh, and make sure you sniff the limes…a lot.  I just love the smell of limes.  Looking at this photo makes me want to go and cut up another one just to sniff it.

lime-ricky-3-30-09-004-small

Go on over to Kim’s Tasty Tuesday at Forever Wherever to see what everyone else is making!

Tags: Cooking

• 1 mrs. e // Mar 31, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Yum! I love summer drinks.

mrs. e’s last blog post..Through the eye of a new lens

• 2 maya | springtree road // Mar 31, 2009 at 9:40 pm

i love limes too! i want a little lime tree…

maya | springtree road’s last blog post..Ruby Falls

• 3 Kim@ Forever Wherever // Mar 31, 2009 at 10:03 pm

This looks perfect! I have limes already! And it’s summer feeling here! {Sorry…not trying to rub it in or anything!} Thanks for sharing this neat idea!

~Kim

Kim@ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Tasty Tuesday – Sweet Peeps!

• 4 spread your wings // Mar 31, 2009 at 11:31 pm

that does sound really refreshing. i love limes thanks for sharing the recipe.

• 5 Gayle // Apr 1, 2009 at 7:56 am

Thank s for the nice comments, everyone! I hope you all enjoy this. Now, I’m off to sniff some more limes!

• 6 Monkey's Momma // Apr 1, 2009 at 8:58 am

Thanks for sharing! I love the smell of limes too!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Book Giveaway-Win A Copy Of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home!!

• 7 ELK // Apr 1, 2009 at 9:03 am

you did a wonderful series of shots to entice me…I will try this!

ELK’s last blog post..time flying

• 8 Color Smackdown // Sep 18, 2009 at 4:48 pm

[…] Lime Ricky with Strawberry […]

• 9 Angel // Nov 25, 2015 at 3:39 am

I really like your blog.. very nice coorls & theme.Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?Plz answer back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. many thanks