Monday Memories: The Fourth!

March 29th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Go and check out previous Monday Memories! The First, The Second, and The Third!

gayle-june-1968

I was looking through some old photos and I found this one of me and my mom’s first car.  This really brings back some memories!  My mom did not drive when I was little.  It’s funny, I think that she knew how to drive and I think she had a driver’s license.  We had one car and it was my dad’s, and she never drove it.  She and I would walk to the one bus stop in town and ride the bus into the small city that we lived outside of.  It was very close.  I loved riding the bus!  I remember the exhaust fumes and the smell of the seats.  My memories are that it was always warm and cozy on the bus and I would sit snuggled up close to my mom.  It was so exciting!  Sometimes we would go into the city to shop and then stop and buy doughnuts before we got on the bus.  I would get to eat a jelly doughnut on the ride back to our neighborhood.  I remember those times as some of my best memories of childhood.  I wonder if these times were special to my mom or if it was just another day, another moment.

What are you remembering today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Five!

Tags: Family · Monday Memories

• 1 lmerie // Mar 29, 2009 at 10:00 pm

What a great shot! Good question – I wonder if my kids and I will share the same perspective on certain memories. Of course I will be glad if something I find routine does have a special spot in their memory years from now :)

Smiles!

• 2 laura-dolcepics // Mar 30, 2009 at 1:44 am

Awww, that photograph and your story gives me the warm fuzzies! What a sweet sweet memory!

laura-dolcepics’s last blog post..Ring Shot

• 3 elk // Mar 30, 2009 at 8:54 am

so cute…thanks for sharing and opening up your space for memories this day! elk

elk’s last blog post..six years ago

• 4 spread your wings // Mar 30, 2009 at 10:04 am

I feel sure those memories are special to your mom as well, just maybe in a different way.
    You look so very happy in the photo – so sweet.
    I just love hearing about other people’s childhood memories. Thanks for sharing and allowing this opportunity for us to go down memory lane too.

spread your wings’s last blog post..singing / spring?

• 5 Se'Lah // Mar 30, 2009 at 1:26 pm

How nostalgic…I love this.

Great post.

Se’Lah’s last blog post..Inspirational Monday: She is finally here…

• 6 Kim Andersen // Mar 30, 2009 at 1:50 pm

I’m loving this!
    Thanks for hosting and sharing!

Kim Andersen’s last blog post..P.F.Flyers

• 7 Kim@ Forever Wherever // Mar 30, 2009 at 5:07 pm

What a great photo…I love the car!!! I have a “65 Mustang that was my first car, but it was a classic before that…I’m not that old!!!

Great memories! I do think kids think everyday stuff is fun and we don’t even know it. That’s something to think about.

~Kim

Kim@ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Peeps! Sweet Spring Fun!

• 8 Angela’s Peony Patch » Blog Archive » Monday Memories // Mar 30, 2009 at 6:54 pm

[…] see some others’ memories, check out Gayle’s Monday Memories Party over at Planet M […]

• 9 Angela // Mar 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm

GREAT memory! And GREAT picture too!! I think I have a few of me standing in front of my dad’s ’66 Mustang!
    I’ve been a bit slack on blogging lately – vacation has a way of doing that to me, but I finally got my memory posted!! Thanks so much for hosting! :-)

Angela’s last blog post..Monday Memories

• 10 Monkey's Momma // Apr 1, 2009 at 9:00 am

That is such a cute picture! I think I have one almost like it around here!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Book Giveaway-Win A Copy Of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home!!

• 11 Monday Memories: The Twelfth! // Jun 13, 2009 at 9:20 am

[…] they were baby teeth.  My cousin’s mom brought us to the emergency room because my mom didn’t drive at the time.  We sat there for so long waiting and then when someone saw me they told my mom that […]