I was looking through some old photos and I found this one of me and my mom’s first car. This really brings back some memories! My mom did not drive when I was little. It’s funny, I think that she knew how to drive and I think she had a driver’s license. We had one car and it was my dad’s, and she never drove it. She and I would walk to the one bus stop in town and ride the bus into the small city that we lived outside of. It was very close. I loved riding the bus! I remember the exhaust fumes and the smell of the seats. My memories are that it was always warm and cozy on the bus and I would sit snuggled up close to my mom. It was so exciting! Sometimes we would go into the city to shop and then stop and buy doughnuts before we got on the bus. I would get to eat a jelly doughnut on the ride back to our neighborhood. I remember those times as some of my best memories of childhood. I wonder if these times were special to my mom or if it was just another day, another moment.
What are you remembering today? If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky. If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section. I want to hear from everybody! Please remember to:
- Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
- Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
- Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
- Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts! We all love comments!
- Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Five!