Desperately Seeking Spring

March 25th, 2009 · 9 Comments

Yes, I am feeling desperate for spring.  We have been back in winter coats this week and I am not happy about it.  I’m going to complain to Mother Nature!  Do you remember that commercial from a long time ago (I’m sure I’m showing my age now) that had Mother Nature angrily saying, “It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature!”?  I can’t remember what the commercial was for.   Anyway, spring.  Here’s what I found today.

Chives

Chives

Sage

Sage-Is it dead? Will it come back?

Hyacinth

Hyacinth

Forsythia

Forsythia

I thought about cutting some Forsythia and bringing it in to force it to bloom, but decided not to.  My daughter had hives again last night (this is the third time now) and I don’t want to bring anything into the house that might be a trigger.  I brought her to the doctor today and he said the pattern doesn’t sound like a food related allergy, so we need to be detectives to figure out what is causing it.  At least I had a list of all the foods she had eaten so that could be eliminated from suspicion.  On to the detective work!

Tags: Family · Home & Garden · Photography

• 1 donna // Mar 25, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Good luck with that piece of detective work. i hope she feels better soon. And as for spring…if you see any of it PLEASE send it up here :-)

donna’s last blog post..100 posts….and a little giveaway!

• 2 ELK // Mar 25, 2009 at 3:34 pm

oh I can see the little hints of Spring….really nice series of images!

ELK’s last blog post..<

• 3 Jamie // Mar 25, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Just a suggestion; try using an allergy free laundry detergent, very gentle soap and loose clothing. There is a skin problem called dermagraphism that is really easy to check for and is completely manageable. Good luck…also, maybe it’s just b/c it’s allergy season….

Jamie’s last blog post..St St Blankie

• 4 spread your wings // Mar 25, 2009 at 4:38 pm

well it looks like you have some signs of spring there.
    how is your daughter doing? did you discover anything yet. my daughter suffers some from dermagraphism – seems to appear in the teens but i don’t know much about it.

spread your wings’s last blog post..a common thing / dandelion

• 5 mrs. e // Mar 25, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Mother Nature—a butter commercial?? Parkay? I’m guessing you & I are both showing our age. Good luck with the sleuthing. Allergins can be hard.

mrs. e’s last blog post..The Work of Hands

• 6 mrs. e // Mar 25, 2009 at 7:45 pm

PS. LOVE your shots of spring. Ah! spring!!

mrs. e’s last blog post..The Work of Hands

• 7 Monkey's Momma // Mar 25, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I love the Hyacinth picture!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Rust And Peeling Paint

• 8 Kim@ Forever Wherever // Mar 26, 2009 at 11:06 am

I hope you can figure out what’s causing the hives. Allergies are strange.

Maybe Timmy walked through some grass or weed and she hugged him.

Take care of her and I suggest giving her ice cream! :-)

~Kim

• 9 Liz // Mar 26, 2009 at 11:20 am

There’s a lot of hope in these pictures! And those are some super healthy chives, we’ve been pulling up some in our yard that arent very robust. Thank goodness. That smell gets me.

Thank you for your kind comments yesterday, they were much appreciated. :)

Hugs,