Polly Is Aging

March 18th, 2009 · 14 Comments

Polly is getting gray.  I hadn’t really noticed because it is happening so gradually, but I was looking at some old photos and was so surprised at how she used to look.

This was Polly in December 2002 when she was 3.

Polly in December 2002

Polly in December 2002

Below is what she looks like now, at age 9-1/2

Polly 2-18-09

Polly 2-18-09

Polly's nose

3-12-09-007-small

All I can say is, I will not be doing one of these comparisons showing how much gray I have developed in seven years!

What is on your mind today?

Tags: Pets

• 1 lmerie // Mar 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I’ve noticed more greys on my own head. I sure hope that means more wisdom than I realize!

lmerie’s last blog post..I AM A FINALIST

• 2 mrs. e // Mar 18, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Yeah, I don’t want to look at how gray I have gotten in the last 7 years either.
    Your dog is beautiful…gray hair and all. (Kind of like us!)

• 3 spread your wings // Mar 18, 2009 at 4:59 pm

aw Polly is a sweet doggie.
    funny i was just comparing the color on my dog’s coat yesterday when I was searching old photos – Evee’s color is getting dull – she used to have such a beautiful rich coat. Do they have hair color for dogs?
    I’ve grayed a lot faster than she did.

spread your wings’s last blog post..unattended / neglected

• 4 Shannon // Mar 18, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Wow, ,Polly has changed quite a bit, but don’t tell her I said that! Bless her little doggy heart. Leo, our 14 year old weiner dog, has aged quite a bit this last year. They seem to handle it so much better than we do. :)

Shannon’s last blog post..It’s What’s on the Outside

• 5 Gayle // Mar 18, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Hi lmerie!
    Me, too! I now color my hair. Ugh. But I don’t like what it looks like natural anymore. It has darkened and has grays. So I color to at least get it a little lighter and less gray!

Hi mrs. e!
    It’s true, she is still cute!

Hi spread your wings!
    Can you imagine what a crummy job that would be to color your dog’s fur! I would be speckled from head to toe in doggie hair color from her trying to shake it off!

Hi Shannon!
    Awww, Leo is a little old man. They really do handle it well!

• 6 ELK // Mar 18, 2009 at 10:50 pm

hmmm…I will not even mention gray hair!! ;-))
    on my mind…we found my daughter her first apartment for living off campus next year…oh now say gray hair!

love the shots of your pup!

ELK’s last blog post..NOW PLAYING

• 7 Gayle // Mar 18, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Hi ELK!

How exciting! Oh my gosh, yes, I think that would bring plenty of gray hair! Why do these children insist on going off on their own into the world?!

• 8 Monkey's Momma // Mar 18, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Love all those pictures! It is kinda sad when all of a sudden you notice that your dog has grown old.

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Natasha Richardson Dies After Skiing Accident

• 9 shelli // Mar 19, 2009 at 9:05 am

I found a gray hair in my head yesterday (not the first time), and I know that it’s got to be because I’m preparing to potty train my little one!!!

• 10 Gayle // Mar 19, 2009 at 9:24 am

Hi Monkey’s Momma!
    It is kind of sad.

Hi shelli!
    Oh, what a big milestone potty training is! Good luck and remember, even if it takes a while, he will catch on! I remember thoughts like, “This kid is never going to get out of diapers!” when my kids were little. Heehee

• 11 Maya@Completely-Coastal // Mar 19, 2009 at 4:51 pm

And the best is “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”…, so nothing can ever stop you to see and perceive beauty, no matter how it looks, what the age, and so forth. Isn’t that awesome!

Maya@Completely-Coastal’s last blog post..Soaking in a Sea Salt Bath -Replenish your Skin for Spring

• 12 Angela // Mar 20, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Polly is a very pretty dog – even in the graying years!! I want a doodle dog pretty bad, but hubby says we aren’t getting one anytime soon!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Hooked on: March Madness

• 13 Gayle // Mar 20, 2009 at 11:36 pm

Hi Maya!
    Yes, it is!

Hi Angela!
    I know someone with a doodle! They love him and he has the softest hair (I think they told me it’s hair, not fur).

• 14 Another Random Day // Nov 20, 2009 at 10:37 am

[…] trying to think of a way to get Polly and Timmy to wear a Santa hat and Reindeer antlers for our Christmas card photo.  And to sit […]