Monday Memories: The Second!

March 15th, 2009 · 19 Comments

july-2002-092

I remember the days of  Legos!

I remember those Lego days so fondly.  My oldest son, now sixteen, was a Lego pro!  I remember that my mother-in-law used to be in awe of how fast he was able to put together the most elaborate Lego set.  He loved them.  At first he just put the sets together and kept them as is and played with the little Lego people in them.  But then once my daughter was a toddler, she started getting into his room and destroying his sets.  We called her babe-zilla!  That didn’t stop my boy’s love for Legos.  He decided to make his own Lego creations and make Lego movies!  He would create a movie set and take a photo, then move a Lego guys arm a tiny bit, and take another photo, and on and on!  I have a picture folder on my computer from 2002 that has 400 photos he took making some of his movies!

Now, my oldest boy’s Lego days are over.  He gave them all to his sister and brother several years ago.  They don’t even play with them often anymore.  I miss the Lego days.  But, I don’t miss stepping on Lego pieces.  Ouch!

movie-west-086-small

What are your memories today?  If you have something to share with us today, leave a link to your blog post or photo in Mr. Linky.  If you don’t have a blog, tell us about a memory in the comment section.  I want to hear from everybody!  Please remember to:

• Leave a link to the specific blog post, not to your general blog address, to make it easier for people to find your memory post.
  • Make sure your link works and that it goes to your specific memory post.
  • Put a link back to here in your post so that your readers can come and read about everyone’s memories!
  • Visit the other participants and please leave comments on their posts!  We all love comments!
  • Enjoy the party and come back next week for Monday Memories: Part Three!

Tags: Monday Memories

• 1 Camping with Young Kids - Travel Tales // Mar 15, 2009 at 11:06 pm

[…] Visit Monday Memories at Planet M Files for more memorable posts! Share and Enjoy: […]

• 2 Kim @ Forever Wherever // Mar 15, 2009 at 11:08 pm

My youngest son is VERY into Legos! That is all he spends his money on right now. They really do hurt when you step on them! :-)
    ~Kim

Kim @ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Right Now at Forever…Wherever!!!

• 3 kerri // Mar 16, 2009 at 12:48 am

I have three boys and they all love legos… but we haven’t quite gotten to the “sets” stage yet. Maybe the next birthday? Thanks for hosting this blog party. It’s a wonderful excuse to post about the past.

kerri’s last blog post..Dating Days

• 4 East Coast Wahine // Mar 16, 2009 at 5:28 am

Growing up my daughters loved Legos!! Now my grandkids play with them….the big chunky ones that is!

East Coast Wahine’s last blog post..Monday Memories – Back To The Ocean

• 5 Angela’s Peony Patch » Blog Archive » Goin’ to Church // Mar 16, 2009 at 7:32 am

[…] These were the days! Be sure to check out everyone else’s memories over at Gayle’s Monday Memories Party. […]

• 6 Angela // Mar 16, 2009 at 9:49 am

I LOVED playing with Lego’s when I was little! I had so much fun building houses and stuff! That’s so genius of your son to come up with movie sets! How cool!
    ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Goin’ to Church

• 7 Maya@Completely-Coastal // Mar 16, 2009 at 11:47 am

Oh, do I remember the days of legos…, big time!

Maya@Completely-Coastal’s last blog post..Outdoor Spaces in Exotic Places

• 8 Monday Memories | Dolce Pics - Digital Photography Tips for Beginners and Parents // Mar 16, 2009 at 2:19 pm

[…] of Planet M Files hosts Monday Memories on her blog where she invites us to share the memories we’re thinking of today. With […]

• 9 laura-dolcepics // Mar 16, 2009 at 2:20 pm

LEGOS!!!!

I finally posted mine Gayle. Great idea. :)

laura-dolcepics’s last blog post..Monday Memories

• 10 Puna // Mar 16, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Hi Gayle! This is great. I came here from dolcepics and haven’t written anything specifically for this but I would like to leave a link anyway, I hope that’s ok.

• 11 lmerie // Mar 16, 2009 at 5:12 pm

That is great that he played with Legos! My kids were nothing into lego’s like my brother and I had been. BUT – my kids did have them and played some, but nothing like my childhood. The Lincoln Logs a little more . . . :)

lmerie’s last blog post..Betsy

• 12 Debbie // Mar 16, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I came by to wish you a belated Happy Birthday!

• 13 Monkey's Momma // Mar 16, 2009 at 7:25 pm

I still live in Lego Land. Monkey has played with them since he was two. His favorite is Star Wars and Indiana Jones. He can play with them for hours!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Handpoured Soy Candle Giveaway!

• 14 Sandr // Mar 16, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I’m sorry to say that I don’t write them anymore. I wish I did. I see what a treasure they are now. I may start writing them again. I’m not sure how many more that I have, but I’m pretty sure that I’m about to run out of them.

Sandr’s last blog post..Monday Memories: Letters To My Children #4

• 15 Shalet // Mar 17, 2009 at 3:05 am

I’m leaving another link to an older post. I do have new things to say but haven’t figured out how to say them.

As for legos – ouch! No one likes stepping on legos!

Shalet’s last blog post..11:00 PM Friday the 13th

• 16 donna // Mar 17, 2009 at 10:34 am

We are still experiencing the “lego days”…..not lego movies mind you….but all means of spaceships and lego weapons. I miss the barbie days. They are long since over although I don’t miss sucking up little barbie shoes in the vacuum.

donna’s last blog post..Boys Toys

• 17 spread your wings // Mar 17, 2009 at 10:32 pm

oh legos were the best. legos of today are so different than when I was little.

spread your wings’s last blog post..unattended / neglected

• 18 Monday Memories: The Fourth! // Jun 13, 2009 at 9:13 am

[…] and check out previous Monday Memories! The First, The Second, and The […]

• 19 Monday Memories: The Thirty-Third! // Oct 18, 2009 at 11:06 pm

[…] Legos – Loved them, but boy do they hurt when you step on them with bare feet! […]