Spring? Is That You?

March 14th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Today is my birthday and spring starts in six(?) days!  I wanted to go on a small hike today but the weather forecast called for chilly (40’s F) and cloudy weather, so I guess we will go tomorrow.  It turned out to not be so cloudy so my daughter and youngest son, and Timmy spent some time outside with me today.  I had my winter coat on but they only had on spring jackets!

We found signs of spring!

Crocus and Snowdrop

My daughter Yo-yo’ed!

Yo-yo

There was enough sun for my son to try to burn twigs with a magnifying glass!

Magnifying glass

We found this Black Walnut.   We don’t have a Black Walnut tree on our property, so I guess an animal dropped it!

Black Walnut

I get to have my favorite dinner tonight, cooked by my husband!  My pick almost every year is salmon and broccoli rabe.  This year we’ll also have couscous and pumpernickel bread.  Mmmmm.  Oh, and then, chocolate cake!

I hope your weekend is filled with wonderful spring discoveries!  Don’t forget to come back to add your links to Monday Memories tomorrow (3/15) night!  Go and check out last week’s links if you missed them!

Tags: Family

• 1 Andi // Mar 14, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Happy Birthday! great photos of spring! I’m so excited for it to arrive, but yet waiting is part of the battle :) have a great day!

Andi’s last blog post..Frugality is the New Black

• 2 Maya@Completely-Coastal // Mar 14, 2009 at 7:09 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! Your birthday meal sounds fantastic, I love salmon and broccoli…, nice that you made some spring discoveries. My husband and I were out too, all bundled up…, kids just seem to be “warmer” by nature.

Maya@Completely-Coastal’s last blog post..Open House: The Pole House

• 3 ELK // Mar 14, 2009 at 8:49 pm

WOW what special Gifts you found on your birthday Gayle…and chocolate cake to top it off.

You are a wonderful blog friend and I wish you a wonder filled year ahead…I am off tomorrow for awhile so I will miss MMemories but will catch up later! blessings , ELK

ELK’s last blog post..to do list

• 4 spread your wings // Mar 14, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Happy Birthday! sounds like you got to enjoy a really nice day with your family and end it with a special meal AND chocolate cake!

spread your wings’s last blog post..we’re not hiding

• 5 anna b-bonkers // Mar 15, 2009 at 2:30 am

Spring, I am so excited it is finally happening!
    Oh, and happy belated birthday, I hope it was wonderful! The meal sounded like it would be fantastic, and the cake, mmmmmmm….

anna b-bonkers’s last blog post..Finally, drips off the eves

• 6 Angela // Mar 15, 2009 at 9:14 am

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!
    ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Picture Day

• 7 Fifi Flowers // Mar 15, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Springs coming I see in your photo it’s breaking ground!
    ENJOY your day!
    Fifi

Fifi Flowers’s last blog post..Come to California for Sunshine…

• 8 Gayle // Mar 15, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes! I have had such a nice weekend and now must get to work on my Monday Memories post!

• 9 Kim @ Forever Wherever // Mar 15, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Happy Birthday Gayle! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

I wish I had some cake!

~Kim

Kim @ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Right Now at Forever…Wherever!!!

• 10 Cooking Broccoli Rabe // Mar 17, 2009 at 2:10 pm

[…] first time I had it!  Now it is my favorite leafy green and I always ask for it to be part of my birthday dinner!  (On Wikipedia, they say the flavor has been described as nutty, bitter, pungent and an acquired […]

• 11 diane // Mar 18, 2009 at 12:34 pm

what a great series of photos and I agree they’re full of hope too.

diane’s last blog post..Houston, we have a winner!