Stuff That Makes Me Smile!

March 11th, 2009 · 11 Comments

Click on first two photos for the high resolution image!

march-2009-018-smallI know this is not the best photo of the moon ever, but it is the best photo of the moon that I have ever gotten!  My photos of the moon always look like just a white glowing thing.  I took this while it was still light out and I didn’t use a tripod, which I should have.  But, at least it’s progress!

Gumdrop tree

This brings back memories of the Handmade Holiday Crafts Day at school that I participated in when my daughter was in fourth grade (three years ago).  We had a lot of fun making this gumdrop tree.  I threw it away this weekend because my husband was sure it would attract bugs (after 3 years?)  but I took photos of it first!

Taking bad phone pics of his momlMy youngest boy.  He likes to take really bad photos of me with his phone. Then he shows them to me and laughs at how I cringe when I see how horrible I look.  I’m sure he purposefully waits until I make some dumb face! The little booger!

Tags: Family · Photography

• 1 Shannon // Mar 11, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Great photos. I am in the same boat as you are. Every time I try to take pictures of things like the moon, they end up looking like blobs. They never look as pretty as they do to my eye.

Your moon is very good. I also love the gum drops. I could go for a handful. But my favorite is your son, that is great picture with a great story!!

• 2 Gayle // Mar 11, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Hi Shannon!

Thank you!

• 3 anna b-bonkers // Mar 12, 2009 at 1:38 am

I love the first two photo’s!
    And the last, this reminds me of Kaityln. She love to take our point and shoot and take the most hideous pictures of Dave and I. Seriously we look like freaks that should be locked up!
    I don’t know how they do it but it really is funny.

anna b-bonkers’s last blog post..Not feeling so glowy

• 4 ELK // Mar 12, 2009 at 9:10 am

you did it… lovely moon shot!

…..you made me smile with all three!~ELK

ELK’s last blog post..ode to an oak

• 5 Gayle // Mar 12, 2009 at 9:38 am

Hi anna!
    Hee hee. How do these kids manage to always catch us looking horrible! I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Hi ELK!
    Thank you! I’m glad they made you smile, too!

• 6 lmerie // Mar 12, 2009 at 9:39 am

I like the moon shot! (like all the shots :)) I have decided after such a great week of moons, I am going to figure out how to take night shots, or at least dusk shots of the moon before this time next month!

lmerie’s last blog post..…and then my heart broke

• 7 Gayle // Mar 12, 2009 at 9:46 am

Hi lmerie!
    I think the reason I was able to get a shot that wasn’t just a white blob was that it wasn’t dark out yet. I’ve read that to take nighttime shots of the moon, you have to expose as thought it was bright outside, because the moon is bright. I would really love to get a nighttime shot of a full moon! Someday! Good luck to you!

• 8 Stephanie // Mar 12, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Great photos! I especially love the gumdrops- the colors are great!

Stephanie’s last blog post..In which I use the F word a lot and I’m not sorry.

• 9 Fifi Flowers // Mar 12, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Second reminds me of spicy gumdrops… YUM!

Fifi Flowers’s last blog post..Designers, Tablescape Thursday & More…

• 10 Monkey's Momma // Mar 13, 2009 at 7:32 am

I love all three photos! The first one is really awesome!

• 11 Gayle // Mar 13, 2009 at 11:04 am

Hi Stephanie!
    Thanks!

Hi Fifi!
    I don’t like gumdrops, but I do like Chuckles. I don’t even know if they make them anymore!

Hi Monkey’s Momma!