Chicken Piccata with Capers Recipe

March 10th, 2009 · 10 Comments

Chicken Piccata with capers

Not the greatest photo, but the chicken is delicious!

I’m joining Kim’s Tasty Tuesday Blog Party today over at Forever Wherever.  Go on over and see what else is cooking!

This recipe is very easy and quick!

Chicken Piccata with Capers

Ingredients

• 8 thin sliced chicken breasts
  • about 3/4 tsp salt
  • about 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1/3 cup unsifted all purpose flour
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tbs butter
  • 1/8 cup lemon juice (I’ve been using the bottled kind)
  • capers – we like them, so I use a lot! Use any amount you want.
  • 1 cup water

Salt both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.

Dredge chicken in flour.

Heat the oil and butter in your pan on medium-high heat.

Brown chicken pieces on both sides, a little at a time, however many will fit in your pan in a single layer.

Remove the last pieces of chicken from the pan and add the lemon juice and water, scraping up all of those delicious bits from the bottom of the pan.

Add the chicken back to the pan. Chicken can be layered now.  Simmer covered until chicken is cooked completely, about 10 minutes.

Add capers and serve!

I like to serve this with couscous and a salad.  Hmmm, maybe Kim’s delicious salad!

Tags: Cooking

• 1 Kim @ Forever Wherever // Mar 10, 2009 at 2:52 pm

This looks wonderful Gayle! I make a ton of chicken so a new recipe would be great! I’ve never made couscous.
    Thanks for joining us today!
    ~Kim

Kim @ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..Tasty Tuesday – Let’s Talk Salad!

• 2 Gayle // Mar 10, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Hi Kim,

Thanks! Couscous is very easy and so quick. I must warn you though, two out of my three kids like it. My oldest son can’t stand it! I make rice for him.

• 3 Jerri // Mar 10, 2009 at 5:16 pm

I’m curious, I’m going to have to taste capers, I’ve never had them!

Jerri’s last blog post..Tasty Tuesday – Jerri’s HomeMade Hamburger Helper

• 4 ELK // Mar 10, 2009 at 6:37 pm

looks and sounds divine…thanks for including the recipe…ELK

ELK’s last blog post..“`

• 5 Gayle // Mar 10, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Hi Jerri!
    They are kind of salty and vinegary. Definitely try them!

Hi ELK!
    Thank you!

• 6 Angela // Mar 11, 2009 at 8:27 am

Mmm YUMMY! Do you pound your chicken or buy it already thin? I think I need to purchase a meat pounder! As soon as I come across some thin breasts, I’m making this! My hubby always wants chicken and I’m always looking for new ways to fix it! Thanks!!
    ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Chili with Hashbrowns

• 7 Angela // Mar 11, 2009 at 8:29 am

By the way, I love some couscous and since I noticed a couple of people haven’t eaten it, I think I’ll share a great Greek Couscous recipe on Tasty Tuesday next week (after my Monday Memory, of course). :-)
    ~angela

Angela’s last blog post..Chili with Hashbrowns

• 8 laura-dolcepics // Mar 16, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Mmm.. Piccata! I’ve got to try this! Wish I had capers on hand though….

laura-dolcepics’s last blog post..Monday Memories

• 9 laura-dolcepics // Mar 18, 2009 at 8:52 pm

I made this last night and it was delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

laura-dolcepics’s last blog post..At The Ironworks Studios – A Lighting Setup

• 10 Giuseppe // Dec 8, 2015 at 7:57 pm

I’m very excited to have found your blog. My son and I have been tentreieg with being vegetarian for a long time and just pinky swore that we would be meat free from now until infinity 😉 What great ideas you have for lunch… all look exactly like what he loves to eat. Fun fun!